Private Tour to Aveiro and Ílhavo from Lisbon
Visiting Aveiro is the same as diving in the waters of Centro de Portugal. The Aveiro “Ria” began to form during the 15th century, when the shore line moved back and left behind sandpits along an area of eleven thousand hectares which created a lagoon. Nowadays, it has become a real network of canals and islands which has made Aveiro earn the title of “Portuguese Venice”.
The water shelters many species such as lamprey clams, storks, herons and some birds of prey or mammals like genettas and otters. Its wealth is so exceptional that the Lagoon has been classified as a protected area.
In Aveiro, everything happens around its 47 kilometres of water next to the sea. It is the “Ria”, a silver mirror, which reflects the colour of the moliceiro boats and the Art Noveau houses; it is what makes Aveiro so seductive and unique. Get on board a moliceiro and go along the canals of the lagoon which, just like water roads, lead you through the city.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Personal accompaniment during the whole day
- Free Wi-Fi on board
- Pickup and drop-off at hotel/accommodation in Lisbon
- Transport by air-conditioned Minivan
- Bottled water
- Private transportation
What's excluded :
- Any additional expenses not covered and agreed in advance
- Entrance tickets to monuments
- Entry/Admission - Ria de Aveiro
- Entry/Admission - The Maritime Museum of Ilhavo
- Entry/Admission - Museu Vista Alegre
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Estrela d'Alva Tours - Day Tours, Avenida da Republica 97 R/C, Lisbon 1050-190 Portugal
Avoid the stress of traveling by public transport or a shared tour and choose the comfort and safety in the company of your private guide who will pick you up at your hotel in a comfortable vehicle with the Clean & Safe Seal guarantee.
Travel time from Lisbon to Aveiro is approximately 2h30 (254km)
Duration: 2 hours 30 minutes
Stop At: Ria de Aveiro, Aveiro Portugal
Get on board a moliceiro and go along the canals of the lagoon which, just like water roads, lead you through the city. On board, see the Art Nouveau houses which decorate the banks or discover their every detail by taking a guided walking tour organized by the City Museum.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Aveiro, Aveiro, Aveiro District, Northern Portugal
When you return to the city centre, you can regain your strength with regional delicacies. If it is almost lunch time, you can try a caldeirada de enguias (eel stew) or a carneiro à lampantana (lampantana lamb). Or, you can get swept away by our regional pastries, in which eggs and sugar are magical, and let ovos moles conquer your taste as if they were little pieces of sweet gold.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: The Maritime Museum of Ilhavo, Avenida Doutor Rocha Madail, Ilhavo 3830-193 Portugal
Visit the Museum is to embark on a journey of the senses, knowledge and pleasure, being witness to the strong bond of ílhavos the sea and the Ria de Aveiro. The Aquarium of the codfish of Museum, which opened in January 2013, is an attractive biological heritage exhibition dedicated to the Gadus morhua species, Atlantic cod, which we consider "our cod," that the Portuguese fish and consume several centuries ago.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Museu Vista Alegre, R. dos Alamos 2, Ilhavo 3830-298 Portugal
To visit Vista Alegre Factory is to enter a world which keeps the secrets of a century old of the most international Portuguese porcelain manufacturing process. Go through this space and follow the entire creation process of some of the most emblematic Portuguese porcelain pieces from the dough composition until the final boiling.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Praia da Costa Nova, Rua da Quinta do Cravo 17, Gafanha da Encarnacao, Ilhavo 3830 Portugal
Then we follow to Costa Nova. Let yourself be won over by this colourful piece of Portuguese coast. This beach is different because of the wooden houses painted with strips of white and bright colours which used to be haystacks and shelters for fishermen. Right next to it, at Barra beach, you will find the dominant and imposing Barra Light, the tallest lighthouse in Portugal. Before we go to Lisbon, we will have a coffee in one of the beach pastries, sitting on a terrace and enjoy the sea and houses with stripes.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Lisbon, Lisbon, Lisbon District, Central Portugal
It was a great day and it is time to return to your hotel in Lisbon. We hope to see you again soon on another visit in Portugal.
You will be able to choose a Drop-off location different from the Pick up one, provided it is in Lisbon.
See you soon!
Duration: 2 hours 30 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Pickup and drop-off at Hotels/Accommodations in LisbonThe driver/guide uses identification with his name and that of our company through a badgeOther departure locations are available upon request, however, an additional fee may apply. Please consult us so that we can assess this situation.Airports
- Lisboa Airport, Alameda das Comunidades Portuguesas, Lisbon 1700-111 Portugal
- Lisbon Cruise Port - Jardim do Tabaco Quay, Doca Jardim do Tabaco Terminal de Cruzeiros de Lisboa, Av. Infante Dom Henrique, 1100-651 Lisboa, Portugal
- Lisbon Cruise Terminal - Alcantara
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infant seats available
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Stroller accessible
- Wheelchair accessible
- Folding Wheelchair accessible
- Instant Confirmation
- Other departure locations are available upon request
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- For yours and the drivers safety our vehicles are equipped with acrylic separators between the driver/guide front seat and the passenger compartment. Your tour is carried out in a 9 seat minivan, being private (family/friends) and therefore the maximum capacity of the vehicle is 6 passengers.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.