Private Tour to Batalha Monastery and Fátima Shrine by the countryside route
Come and visit the Monastery of Batalha, built by King Dom João I in 1386 to thank Our Lady the victory of Portugal at the Battle of Aljubarrota in 1385 against the powerful Spanish army.
This battle marks the beginning of the Second Dynasty and opens the way to the great Maritime Discoveries of the 15th and 16th Centuries.
The Monastery of Batalha is a masterpiece of Gothic architecture and it took more than a hundred years to be built, spanning several reigns.
In 1983 the monument was classified as World Heritage by UNESCO.
Travelling 130 km from Lisbon, enables us to discover the hidden natural beauties of Central Portugal. We'll visit the historic Salt Pans of Rio Maior and Serra de Aire and Candeeiros Natural Park.
A typical lunch in a local restaurant on the heights is recommended.
Leaving Batalha we'll visit the sanctuary of Our Lady of Fatima.
At Porto de Mós we'll get a sight of the city renaissance-style castle, an unique exemplar of this type in Portugal.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Local guide
- Bottled water
- Wifi Internet onboard
What's excluded :
- Entry/Admission - Batalha Monastery
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Batalha Monastery, Largo Infante Dom Henrique 2440, Batalha 2440-484 Portugal
Guided visit to the Batalha Monastery
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Salinas de Rio Maior, Estrada Principal, Rio Maior 2040-133 Portugal
Walking visit the historic salt-pans of Rio Maior
Duration: 40 minutes
Stop At: Serras de Aire e Candeeiros Natural Park, Rio Maior, Santarem 2380 Portugal
Overview of the Natural Park with a few short stops
Duration: 40 minutes
Pass By: Castelo de Porto de Mos, Rua Dom Fuas Roupinho, Porto de Mos 2480-335 Portugal
Sight of the castle
Stop At: Fatima, Fatima, Santarem District, Central Portugal
Free time for a walking visit to the Sanctuary
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Traveler pickup is offered at Lisbon centrally located hotels and accommodationsAirports
- Lisboa Airport, Alameda das Comunidades Portuguesas, Lisbon 1700-111 Portugal
Departure Time :8:45 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 5 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Guided Tour
- Minimum age is 10 years
- Comfortable walking shoes are recommended
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- Stroller accessible
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- In this Tour only the client's group is onboard in our Van. The driver/guide compartment is separated from the travelers' compartment by an acrylic transparent board.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.