Private Tour to Imbros Gorge
The gorge of Imbros is one of the deepest and narrowest gorges of Crete and the second most popular for visitors after the gorge of Samaria. It ιs located in the South East part of the White Mountains, with 7km length, and has slopes up to 300m high. There are some spectacular sections, especially several very narrow passages.
It is famous due to the rare flora and the amazing landscape all over the area. The scenery is beautiful and the low difficulty makes the descent of Imbros ideal for families.
On the way to the gorge we will stop at a Greek bakery and offer you several traditional snacks to taste, coffee or juice.
The walk takes about 2 ½ hours, at the end of the gorge at the village Komitades you can enjoy a cold drink and relax.
You will then drive down to the seaside village of Hora Sfakion where you will have free time to relax at one of the little café/taverns on the water front overlooking the sea or enjoy a dip in the cool Libyan sea.
per adult from
8 to 10 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Pick-up from your hotel in Heraklion or Rethymno region
- Certified tour guide
- Transfer with air-conditioned vehicle
- Visit to a Greek bakery: coffee/juice and tasting of traditional snacks on the way to the gorge.
- Entry/Admission - Imbros Gorge
What's excluded :
- Entrance fees to museums/sights, individual expenses.
- Meals/drinks except of those mentioned above.
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Imbros Gorge, close to Chora Sfakia Start in Impros or Komitades, Crete Greece
This 7km walk starts from the traditional Cretan village Imbros (800m high) and ends in the village Komitades (300m high). You will walk one of the deepest and narrowest gorges of Crete.
The gorge itself is breathtaking, but you can also see various caves, cypress, oak, maple trees as well as other trees and flowers.
Before starting the walk there is a small café, if you wish to grab a coffee or local breakfast. After the short break, you will start the walk through the gorge which is downhill, with a guide who will point out the native plants and give you information about the whole area.
This walk takes about 2 ½ hours of leisure walking. You will find your way through captivating countryside while passing mountains, villages and the impressive White Mountains.
Duration: 2 hours 30 minutes
Stop At: Komitades, Komitades, Chania Prefecture, Crete
At the end of the gorge at the small village Komitades you can take a rest and enjoy a cold drink or a coffee.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Hora Sfakion, Hora Sfakion, Chania Town, Chania Prefecture, Crete
At the seaside village of Chora Sfakion you will have free time to relax at one of the little café/taverns on the water front overlooking the sea or enjoy a dip in the cool Libyan sea.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We pick up from Rethymno and Heraklion region. Please, if you stay in the different location, contact us. Please, identify the hotel/airbnb of your stay when you book.Ports
- Heraklion port
- Rethymno port
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.