Private Tour to Ingapirca Ruins
It is the most important archaeological site of the Incas in Ecuador. Marvel at the ruins, including the only elliptical temple of the sun made of perfectly carved stones. On Sundays we include a visit to the Indigenous Cañar Market.
Visit the largest archaeological Inca site in Ecuador and the only elliptical temple of the Inca empire
Enjoy the beauty of the Ecuadorian Andes while you drive through the fertile ranchland of the countryside.
Visit the Cañar Market and immerse yourself in the traditions of the local indigenous tribes (Sundays)
See how the famous Panama Hats are woven
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Licensed tour guide/driver
- Lunch (if option selected)
- Hotel/Airbnb pickup and drop-off
- Entry/Admission - Ingapirca Ruins
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Azogues, Azogues, Canar Province
This city is the capital of Cañar province, as we drive by we will have some great views of the city and our guide will explain the influence of modern architecture brought from overseas.
Stop At: Santuario de la Virgen del Rocio, Avenida Daniel Munoz, Canar 030350 Ecuador
This church has a very distinctive gothic architectural style, dating back to the late 19th century. Its is build on a hillside and very often you will find locals walking up though the steep hill to the church as a tribute to the virgin. Afterwards, we will visit an indigenous family where we'll observe the weaving of Panama hats. This is one of the most authentic crafts of Southern Ecuador and has a prominent role in the economy of the area. We continue our tour with a ride through the enchanting highlands, enjoying the beautiful views along the way.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Ingapirca Ruins, Ingapirca 030356 Ecuador
Ingapirca is Ecuador’s major Inca archeological site. Sun worshippers built this fortress-temple in Cañar valley in the 15th century. It is located approximately 60 miles northeast of Cuenca at an elevation of 10,500 feet above sea level.
Here we find one of the most important Inca structures, an elliptical platform known as the “Sun’s Temple” surrounded by courtyards, terraces and various other structures. In order to get a closer look at the local atmosphere, we will take a short hike to observe the Inca’s Face, a large stone outcropping.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :San Sebastian Park, Coronel Guillermo Tálbot, Cuenca, Ecuador
Traveler pickup is offered
If your hotel is not listed of if you are staying at a Airbnb, please provide the address after booking and we will pick you up there.
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infant seats available
- Infant meals not included
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.