Private Tour to Kazbegi from Tbilisi
Full day's exploration of High Caucasus Mountains is awaiting you during this day trip. Travel north by one of the oldest roads in Georgia, the Georgian Military Highway, have an off-road adventure to Gergeti Mountain and explore the foothills of Kazbegi glacier. Then walk to the Gveleti waterfalls, and Dariali gorge, to observe the lifestyle of the North Georgian people.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Bottled water
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Private tour
- Transport by private vehicle
- 4X4 WD vehicle to Gergeti Mountain
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Georgian Holidays, Apolon Kutateladze str. 5 Near Opera House, Tbilisi 0108 Georgia
In the morning the guide and driver will pick you up from your place of stay in Tbilisi
Stop At: Ananuri Fortified Castle Ensemble, Georgian Military Highway Near Zhinvali Reservoir, Ananuri 1803 Georgia
Start your journey to Caucasus Mountains. Your first stop is Ananuri complex, a 16th-17th c fortress and church, which used to be the residence of the “Eristavis” (Dukes) of Aragvi. The complex comprises fortification, churches and other cult and civic buildings. Explore the fortress and enjoy beautiful views of Jinvali reservoir from the complex.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Gergeti Trinity Church, Near the Village of Gergeti, Stepantsminda Georgia
Continue the drive north via Jvari (Cross) Pass at the elevation of 2395 meters above sea level and arrive at the town of Stepantsminda, the administrative center of Khevi province. Here we’ll change the transport to a local 4x4 vehicle and start an off-road drive to the top of Gergeti Mountain, where a lone church, Gergeti Holy Trinity, stands. Ancient wall carvings are well-preserved on the facade of the church. If we are lucky with weather you will see Mount Kazbegi peak. At 5,033 meters above sea level it's the third highest peak in Georgia.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Gveleti Waterfall, Stepantsminda Georgia
Drive back to Stepantsminda and take a lunch break in a restaurant with local specialty dish, Khinkali. After lunch get back in your vehicle and drive to Dariali gorge. Take an easy hike (20-30 minutes) along the river to Gveleti waterfalls, and enjoy the calmness of untouched nature.
Drive back to Tbilisi and arrive at your place of stay in the evening.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Your place of stay in Tbilisi
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Subject to favorable weather conditions during April, May, and October months. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.