Private tour to Maritime Fortifications in Cascais
Visit and learn about the Maritime Fortifications of Cascais, from Forte do Guincho to Citadel, with dedicated visit to Forte de São Jorge, Santa Marta Museum and Citadel. The defense line against foreign invasions and pirates was consolidated in the XVII century, after recovery of independence of Philippines' rules.
There will be dedicated visit to:
• Forte São Jorge dos Oitavos, open to public as historical museum explaining the defense line.
• Forte and Farol de Santa Marta, open to public as historical museum explaining the lighthouse.
• Cidadela de Cascais
Stop will be done for short lunch or coffee (not included in price) in Casa da Guia, over the Atlantic ocean.
During the experience, historical and defense strategy information will be provided.
The tour will take around 5 hours and it includes the necessaries stops.
Monument fees are included.
The pick-up and drop-off at your accommodation in Cascais, Sintra Lisbon or Oeiras.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- TripAdvisor Experiences brokerage fee
- Local guide
- Pick-up and drop-off at your accommodation in Cascais, Sintra, Lisbon or Oeiras
- Private transportation
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- WiFi on board
- Entry/Admission - Fortress São Jorge de Oitavos
- Entry/Admission - Santa Marta Lighthouse Museum
What's excluded :
- Lunch or coffee
- Entry/Admission - Casa da Guia
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Fort of Guincho, R. 7 6, 2755 Lisboa, Portugal
Stop for visiting the fortress exterior
Duration: 15 minutes
Pass By: Guincho Beach, Parque Natural Sintra-Cascais, Cascais Portugal
Along Guincho coast there is the defensive line back from XVII century
Stop At: Fortress São Jorge de Oitavos, 2750-004 Cascais, Portugal
Stop for visiting the fortress and the museum
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Casa da Guia, Av. Nossa Senhora do Cabo, 101, Cascais 2750-234 Portugal
Stop for lunch
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Santa Marta Lighthouse Museum, Rua do Farol, Cascais 2750-341 Portugal
Stop for visiting the Lighthouse and Museum
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Palacio Cidadela Cascais, Avenida Dom Carlos I, Cascais 2750-310 Portugal
Stop for visiting the Citadel
Duration: 30 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We will pick you up at your accommodation in Lisbon, Cascais, Sintra or Oeiras, please provide us the address in advance.Airports
- Lisboa Airport, Alameda das Comunidades Portuguesas, Lisbon 1700-111 Portugal
- Lisbon Harbor
Departure Time :10:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 10 hours of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- A maximum of 8 people per booking
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- We commit and follow the Clean & Safe regulation from the National Tourism Office. It requires us to follow safety measurements to minimize the COVID-19 transmission. We clean our vehicles and our guides follows the safety rules. Our Clean & Safe Protocol is available for consultation.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.