Private Tour to Otavalo & Surroundings
Imbabura or known as the Lakes Province is absolutely one of the favorite tours on visitor’s trips while in Ecuador. The main attraction is Otavalo Market. It is a massive Saturday crafts market (But there is a market every day too) – one of the biggest of South America! Tons of traditionally-attired Quechua locals take over the streets of the whole town center, selling beautiful artwork, handicrafts, livestock, and clothing, anything you can imagine! You will also LOVE the food at Cotacachi also known as the Leather Town, and all the great but cheap restaurants around town. The waterfall that after a short walk ,you will be impressed by its beauty .Finally amazing views of the Andes right above the volcanic crater. We invite you to join us to this very colorful tour with a local taste
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Bottled water - 1 bottle per person
- Private transportation
- All sightseeing mentioned above
- English -Spanish speaking Certified Guide
- Park admission fee
- Entry/Admission - Otavalo Market
What's excluded :
- Lunch - However we always stop at Cotacachi town , where you can have something to eat too
- Anything not specified in program
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Otavalo Market, Plaza de los Ponchos, Otavalo 100450 Ecuador
OTAVALO MARKET TOUR
Early in the morning, we will drive 2 ½ hours to the northern side of the Ecuadorian Andes, where we will tour one of the most visited areas by foreigners and local tourists; the area is known as Imbabura, also called ´The Lakes Province´.
We will then begin our journey going across the Guayllabamba Valley (Green Valley) where we can enjoy delicious fruits, typical of the area, such as Cherimoya and Lima.
We will then continue our trip through an area with several viewpoints – these are the perfect places for people who like photography.
When we come to the end of the viewpoints, we will stop to visit Otavalo Indian Market, which is very famous for its quality handicrafts, and its exportation to all over the world.
Then we will take you to visit a wonderful waterfall known as Peguche, it’s a sacred place where the locals renew their energies and you will also do!!!
After it, It is time to stop at Cotacachi Area, which is known for its famous-quality cow and sheep leather articles and also we can have a stop for lunch, there are several typical dishes and you can have a chance to try guinea pig if you desire….
Finally we will visit Cuicocha well known as Guinea Pig Lake for awesome pictures, then we will return back to Quito
Unfortunately we have to say good bye and we invite you to see one of our other tours in Galapagos and Peru Tours..
However if you desire to add one more night in Quito City or extend your staying in Ecuador , we can always help you out with free advice to make sure you optimize the time and continue exploring this paradise called Ecuador.
Duration: 8 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We pick up all our guest from centrally located hotels in Quito City , IF YOU ARE FAR AWAY FROM THESE ONES , PLEASE LET US KNOW TO PROVIDE YOU THE NEAREST FOR YOU.
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.