Private Tour To Ouarzazate And Unesco Kasbah In 2 Days From Marrakech
Departure from Marrakech, crossing the High Atlas by the Tizi in Tichka pass (2,260m altitude), We will pass through interesting villages until we reach the Kasbah of Ait Benhaddou (declared a World Heritage Site by UNESCO in 1987), a fortified enclosure within a walled town that you will surely recognize, since this citadel has been the setting for many films.
• Drive through the High Atlas Mountains and the majestic Tizi Ntichka pass
• Visit the legendary world heritage site of Kasbah Ait Ben Haddou
• Explore the fint Oasis in Ouarzazate
• Discover the berber culture and traditions by visiting a berber family house
• Visit of cinema studios and cinema museum in Ouarzazate
• Visit of Kasbah taourirte a UNESCO world heritage.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Half Board accommodation (breakfast and dinner)
- Visits to the kasbas (Taourirt and Ait ben haddou)
- Air conditioned 4×4 or minivan
- English speaking driver/guide
- Bottled water during the tour
- Local taxes
- Bottled water
What's excluded :
Day 1: Marrakech – High Atlas – Kasbah Telouete – Kasbah Ait Ben Haddou – Ouarzazate
After breakfast, early departure for Ouarzazate, a former caravan city on the Silk Road and salt in the eastern foothills of the Atlas Mountains. Ouarzazate is known as the gateway to the Sahara. First of all, we will travel through the stunning landscape of the High Atlas Mountains that pass through the Berber village of Taddert and the 2260 meters high Tizi -in – Tichka. We will stop at the famous Kasbah of Ait Benhaddou, 30 kilometers from Ouarzazate. The kasbah is one of the most intriguing red earth castles that line the ancient road of the Kasbahs, and is a UNESCO world heritage site.we continue on our way to Ouarzazate. We will make a stop to visit the Taourirt Kasbah old house of the famous Pasha Glaoui. The painted ceilings, arches, beautiful small windows, wrought iron works and carpentry have contributed to make it another UNESCO site. The local guide will explain the lifestyle of the Pasha in the old Moroccan feudal society, emphasizing the situation of his women, the favorites and concubines, as well as the slaves. In the afternoon, enjoy a private tour of the Atlas Studio Corporation, known a movie center known for highly successful productions, including Asterix and Cleopatra directed by Alain Chabat; and the Oscar winner Gladiator, directed by Ridley Scott. Night accommodation will be at the hotel or Riad in Ouarzazate.
Day 2: Ouarzazate – Kasbah Taourirt – Oasis du Fint – Kasbah Tifoultout – Cinema Museum – Marrakech
After breakfast, visit the Taourirt kasbah and the Museum of Cinema. Then, departure to the oasis of Fint: on the top of a rock, we will explore the oasis located on the curve of the river identified between the mountains. Four small towns where time seems to have stopped, and where people live in peace the resources of this wonderful oasis. Lunch on the way back in a local restaurant. Arrive at Marrakech and check in to your hotel.
Departure Point :Departure from your accommodation in Marrakech or from Marrakech airport
Departure Time :8 AM
Return Detail :Return to the original pick up point or to your new accommodation
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infant seats available
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.