Private tour to the Medieval Cairo and the old famous arts
Standing proud above the modern city, the Cairo Citadel (Citadel of Saladin) is one of Old Cairo’s most striking sights. First built by Saladin in the 12th century, during the Crusader conflicts, the fortress complex houses palaces, museums, and mosques, including Muhammad Ali’s 19th-century Alabaster Mosque.
Explore the Saladin Citadel and a historic mosque on a private tour . Learn about the history and architecture of the sprawling complex as you walk the medieval fortifications with your guide, and enjoy sweeping views of Cairo from the walls. Hear the story of Ottoman commander Mohamed Ali Pasha while visiting the exquisite, domed mosque he built during his controversial reign.
after that we will continue for a full day tour showing the old Egyptian artifacts from the beginning of history.
Then enjoy and Egyptian cuisine at a nearby restaurant before finishing the tour at your hotel.
per adult from
4 to 6 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Pick up and drop off to your hotel
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Bottled water
- WiFi on board
What's excluded :
- Entry Tickets
- Optional Lunch buffet
- Entry/Admission - Cairo Citadel
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Cairo Citadel, Salah Salem St, Cairo 11511 Egypt
A few years after defeating the Fatimid Caliphate, Saladin set out to build a wall that would surround both Cairo and Fustat. Built on a promontory beneath the Muqattam hills, a setting that made it difficult to attack, the efficacy of the Citadel's location is further demonstrated by the fact that it remained the heart of Egyptian government until the 19th-Century
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Salah Salem Street, Salah Salem St, El-Darb El-Ahmar, Monsha'et Nasser, Cairo Governorate, Egypt
Traveler pickup is offered
We will pick you up from your hotel lobby.
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.