Private Tour: Truffle-Hunting Experience from Sorrento with Lunch
Team a forest hike with a truffle hunt on a private full-day tour from Sorrento. After a journey through Monti Picentini Regional Park, stop at the foot of Mt Terminio and follow a truffle hunter and his dogs through the leafy mountain forest. Make the most of frequent stops to take in the peaceful surroundings and sample truffle, straight from the ground. Afterward, relax in a nearby restaurant where a 3-course dinner with wine is served. The star of the menu? Truffle, of course.
per adult from
8 hours 30 minutes
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Professional guide
- Truffle tasting with cheese
- 3-course lunch with wine, coffee and a liqueur
What's excluded :
- Leave your Sorrento hotel in the morning for your full-day tour. As you travel by private minivan, relax on the journey around Monti Picentini Regional Park to the town of Volturara Irpina, nestled at the foot of Mt Terminio. Surrounded by mountains that tower to some 6,562 feet (2,000 meters) above sea level, the town and its surrounding countryside is where Campania's famed truffles grow.
Meet your truffle hunter and hunting dogs, collect your equipment, and then start your easy-paced hike that winds along the mountain paths. The hike is suitable for all, although a good standard of physical fitness and sensible walking shoes are essential. Follow the hunter through the forest, and watch as the dogs work their magic, sniffing the earth for hard-to-see truffles hidden along the forest floor. Once the dogs have scored a truffle, stop for an on-the-spot tasting with fresh ricotta cheese — the perfect pairing to balance the truffle's earthy flavor.
Your forest hike lasts roughly three hours, and includes plenty of stops to take photos of the landscape and learn about Italy’s truffle-hunting traditions. After your descent down the mountain, meet back up with your driver and travel to a nearby restaurant for a 3-course lunch. Each dish is made with local Campania products and enhanced with the rich flavors of local truffle. Complement your meal with some Italian wine, and finish with a rich coffee and digestif (perhaps grappa or amaro).
Finally, relax on your journey back to your Sorrento hotel.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Your guide will wait for you at the reception of your hotel
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Please make a note of any specific dietary requests in the 'Special Requirements' field when booking
- Please wear comfortable clothes and appropriate shoes for walking
- Travelers should have a strong physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.