Private tour: Valley of the Temples and Archaeological Museum of Sicily
Admire the magnificent Doric temples of the sacred hill, recently listed by UNESCO as a Cultural World Heritage. Follow your expert guide and get to know the history and the fascinating characters that shaped the face of Akragas, the ancient Agrigento. Enjoy a guided visit to the Regional Archaeological Museum "Pietro Griffo", certainly one of the most important and interesting archaeological museums in Sicily.
per adult from
What's included :
- Private tour
- Expert tour guide
- Tickets for the Valley of the Temples and the Museum "Pietro Griffo"
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Agrigento Faberest, Via Panoramica Valle dei Templi Our tour guides will meet you next to the ticket office of the Tempio di Giunone., 92100, Agrigento, Sicily Italy
Through this tour, you will have the chance to admire the magnificent Doric temples of the sacred hill, as the Temple of Hera (Juno), the Temple of Concordia, Temple of Herakles (Hercules), the Temple of Zeus (Jupiter) and Sanctuary of chthonic deities. Follow the steps and the words of your expert guide and you will also understand the culture that led to the construction of those majestic structures and you will get to know the characters that made Akragas 'the most beautiful city of mortals'.
After the Vally of the Temples, your guide will take you to visit the Regional Archaeological Museum "Pietro Griffo". The museum houses an impressive collection of vases, two famous Greek marble statues, sarcophagi from the Greek and Roman periods and the original of one of the colossal Telamons of the Temple of Olympic Jupiter. This visit is very recommended to those who wish to have a more complete view of daily life in ancient Greece thanks to the numerous artefacts you can find here.
The guided tour also includes the remains of the ancient Agora, in which the Museum building is located.
Departure Point :Via Panoramica Valle dei Templi, 92100 Agrigento AG, Italy
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Wheelchair accessible
- Please wear comfortable shoes and clothes, and take with you some water and sunscreen
- Please note that this experience does not include transportation to the selected places
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.