Private Tour: Vienna to Salzburg via Wachau heritage region
Travel from Vienna to Salzburg and enjoy a day of sightseeing at the same time. This transfer-come-tour experience includes a scenic journey through the World Heritage region Wachau. Explore the Austrian town Duernstein and the Legend of Robin Hood. Enjoy wonderful views of the Salzkammergut Lake Area and its beautiful lakes, valleys and mountain scenery. At the end of the tour get dropped off at your hotel in Salzburg.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Led by a local guide
- Flexibility to customize your itinerary to your own preferences
- Full day private tour from Vienna with tour end in Salzburg
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by private vehicle
- Bottled water
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Entrances: Melk Abbey: € 12.50
- Entry/Admission - Restaurant Schloss Dürnstein
- Entry/Admission - Melk Abbey
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Historic Center of Vienna, Vienna Austria
Get ready for pick up at 10:00 am and hop on board of your luxury tour vehicle. Lean back and experience the beautiful drive along the Danube River valley.
Stop At: Restaurant Schloss Dürnstein, Dürnstein 2, 3601 Dürnstein, Austria
Duernstein is a small Austrian town, located in the gorgeous Wachau region. Explore Duernstein and the Legend of Robin Hood. Richard the Lionheart Richard was captured shortly before Christmas 1192 near Vienna, it was here at the Castle of Duernstein, where Richard was kept captive. Lunch will be at your own expense but there will be ample of time to go to one the many local restaurants, choose between an typical inn or a Micheline star restaurant.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Melk Abbey, Abt Berthold Dietmayr Str. 1, Melk 3390 Austria
Melk Abbey is one of the biggest and most beautiful European Baroque ensembles. Its splendid architecture is famous worldwide and part of UNESCO’s world cultural heritage. The Baroque building situated on a rock overlooking the Danube, in the Wachau region, ranks as one of Austria’s most visited art-historical sites.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Lake Attersee, Salzkammergut Austria
The tour will continue to Lake Attersee. Enjoy the drive along the entire lake from Seewalchen to the lakeside village of Unterach at lake Attersee. Unterach, sometimes referred to as "Little Venice" in the 19th century, is situated at the southern end of Lake Attersee. The world known artist Gustav Klimt was spending every summer between 1900 and 1916 at Lake Attersee and most of his landscape pictures were painted here.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Basilika St. Michael, Wredepl. 3, 5310 Mondsee, Austria
Next is the quaint and charming village of Mondsee. The village is home to the Sound of Music Wedding Church, where the wedding scene of the world famous movie Sound of Music was filmed.
Duration: 20 minutes
Pass By: Salzburger Altstadt, Altstadt, Salzburg Austria
After eight hours exploring one of Austria’s best Sightseeing Routes, your private tour will conclude with drop-off at your Salzburg City hotel or optional at the train station: it is a ride of 2h20min back to Vienna, 2 trains every hour.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We will pick you up from any hotel in the city of Vienna, if your hotel or private address (Airbnb etc.) is not in the list, then just mention it and we'll pick you up from there.Airports
- Vienna Intl Airport, Wien-Flughafen, Schwechat Austria
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- A maximum of 7 people per booking
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.