Private Tour: Visit Rome's Historical Sites: L. Argentina,Pantheon, P.za Navona
In exploring Rome’s wealth of history and power, culture and joy of living, you will be told by your special archaeologist guide stories of life and death of the Roman Empire’s heroes and villains like Julius Caesar and Nero. Appreciating the development of the Roman monuments from the Pantheon, the Roman Temple to all Gods built in 130 AD and where is Raphael' tomb, to the remains of the Forums of Largo Argentina where Caesar was assassinated and terminating in the Baroque theatricality of Bernini's amazing Four Rivers Fountain in Piazza Navona, the most flamboyant and lively square in Rome. Your guide will illustrate your visit all the way, interacting with your curiosity and questions.
per adult from
What's included :
- Professional art historian guide
- Private tour
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Largo di Torre Argentina, 00186 Rome Italy
You will then continue, few minutes away, to Largo Argentina which contains the remains of several RomanTemples close to the site where Julius Caesar was assassinated in 44 BC.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Pantheon, Piazza della Rotonda, 00186 Rome Italy
Starting from the Pantheon, the only completely preserved Monument of Rome - Temple to all the Gods of the People of the Empire - home among others to the Tomb of the painter Raphael - you will start your Roman Experience. The Temple which dates back to the time of Emperor Hadrian (about 120 AD) rebuilt over an earlier one, has the most magnificent domed roof with a circular opening. This roof inspired both Brunelleschi’s Dome of Florence Cathedral and later Michelangelo’s Dome of St Peter - still the two most famous Cathedral Domes in Italy.If it happens to rain when you are in the Pantheon, you will find it an unforgettable experience.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Piazza Navona, 00186 Rome Italy
A few minutes away is Piazza Navona, the most beautiful square of Rome. Originally the Stadium of Emperor Domitian, the venue for Greek style Games and athletics, it is now surrounded by beautiful late Medieval and Renaissance Palazzi and Churches. In its centre is now Bernini’s Four River Fountain - his most famous - with others in other parts of the square. The former Roman Stadium is now a beautiful space surrounded by open air cafe’s and bars. It is full of joy and life at all times, but especially at night.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Largo di Torre Argentina, 00186 Roma RM, Italy
Return Detail :Piazza Navona, 00186 Roma RM, Italy
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.