Private Tour West Crete: Rethymno Region from North to South
In one day you have a chance to explore Rethymno region highlights from North to South!
During this tour you will visit beautiful Cretan village Spili, then enjoy a route along Kourtalioti gorge by car, where we recommend to stop for an easy walk and visit St.Nicholas Church. Then, you will reach the South coast and admire beautiful view of Preveli beach. You can visit the Preveli monastery and go down by stairs up to the beach to swim and walk in the virgin Palm Forest. Finally, you will explore the picturesque Rethymno town and have a lunch in the old town.
Our professional guides will give you all the information about the route and advise you about the best activities, restaurants and must-see spots.
It is a private tour, so it is up to you, how much time to spend at each destination, the program is flexible. Tell us about your preferences and we will adopt the program for your needs.
We give you options, you choose!
Book now and discover Rethymno region with Status MLB!
per adult from
6 to 8 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Information about the island and the route
- Pick-up from your hotel or any other place
- Transfer with air-conditioned car or minivan
What's excluded :
- Lunch - Provided free time to have a lunch/coffee on your own.
- Entrance fees to museums/sights, individual expenses.
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Kourtaliotiko Gorge, Koxare to Asamotas Road, Agios Vasileios Municipality, Crete 740 60 Greece
While heading South we will first stop in Spili, beautiful Cretan village, immersed in greenery due to the abundance of fresh water. Guests can visit and enjoy a Venetian fountain from 25 sources of spring water in the main square. In this village you can enjoy a delectable Greek coffee while engaging with the friendly locals.
Then we continue our route along the most beautiful Kourtalioti gorge. We recommended to walk on foot the stone path to the mountain river Kourtaliotis, which flows into the Libyan Sea on the south coast. You can visit the church of St. Nicholas of Kourtalioti near the small waterfalls.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: The Holy Monastery of Preveli, Preveli, Rethymnon, Crete 74060 Greece
Perched in high mountains on the south coast of the island resides the imposing monastery of Preveli. In its walls you will discover a magnificent Orthodox shrine - the miraculous silver cross, decorated with gold and precious stones and be enchanted by the views over the Libyan sea.
You may also go down by stairs to Preveli beach and virgin Palm Forest for a walk or to swim.
Depending on your preferences we can spend in this location up to 3 hours.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Rethymnon Old Town, Rethymnon, Crete Greece
On the way back, we visit the spiritual and scientific center of Crete, the city of Rethymnon. The charming appearance of the city is determined by narrow streets, where the houses of the Venetian period are distinguished by richly decorated facades, elegant window arches and stone carvings. You may have a lunch in the old harbor with the view to the famous lighthouse.
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Please, identify the place of your pick-up when you book.Ports
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- After booking we will contact you to arrange the pick-up. Please, note, if you do not provide your pick-up details up to 24 hours before the tour, we do not guarantee the tour will be provided.
- Most travelers can participate
- Pick-up from Heraklion and Rethymno regions. For pick-up from Chania, Agios Nikolaos regions, or some remote properties on the South Crete, extra charge of 50 euros may apply and shall be paid to your guide.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.