Private Tour: Yosemite Hike with Naturalist Guide
This private tour of Yosemite National Park takes you on a 5-hour nature excursion, led by a local naturalist guide. Depending on your preferences and the time of year, hike through Yosemite’s wildflower meadows to admire abundant floral displays, or go in search of diverse birdlife as you drive to some of the park’s most productive habitats. Both wildflower and bird enthusiasts will learn about Yosemite’s natural history while connecting with the great outdoors.
per adult from
What's included :
- Private tour
- Professional guide
What's excluded :
- Lunch & snacks
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Meet at a prearranged location in Yosemite National Park in the morning for your 5-hour private tour, which can be customized to suit your fitness level and interests. You’ll be greeted by your guide, a local expert in the region’s natural history with more than two decades of experience leading tours in the Sierra Nevada. Camera in hand, walk with your guide through Yosemite’s meadows, whose diverse wildflowers attract pollinators and nature lovers alike, or hop in your own car and follow your guide in search of prime bird habitat. Along the way, your guide shares knowledge of favorite places and connects you with Yosemite’s ecosystems. (See tour options below.)
Stop frequently to rest, learn about your surroundings, and fuel up with your pre-packed snacks, water and lunch (own expense). Then continue exploring the meadows, fields and forests of Yosemite before your tour ends at the starting point.
Wildflower Walk Yosemite is home to several unique species of wildflowers, which blanket the Sierra Nevada throughout spring and summer. With dynamic shifts in elevation, Yosemite is the perfect place to watch the progression of flowers as they move from the foothills to the high country. Hike with your guide to a region of the park with abundant blooms. Depending on the season, you may identify different species, including monkey flowers, tiger lilies, Indian paintbrush, shooting starts, asters, buttercups and lupines, each enchanting you with their brilliant displays of color and lovely scents. Birdwatching Outing If you love watching birds through your binoculars, you’ll enjoy spotting some of Yosemite ‘s 262 species of birds, including 165 resident and migratory species, as you tour some of the park’s most productive habitats. Drive your own vehicle, following your guide to locations where feathered friends are commonly spotted, and enjoy long stops at each site. The tour can be modified to search for certain target species, or to account for shifting bird populations. You might observe flocks of warblers, vireos, flycatchers and tanagers forage for insects, seeds and berries; listen to various birdcalls and songs; or learn about raptors like the sharp-shinned hawk and the elusive peregrine falcon.
Please note: A minimum of two people per booking is required.
Departure Point :Yosemite National Park, Yosemite National Park, California
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please provide your hotel and contact information (phone number, email and accommodations) in the Special Requirements box at checkout. Hotel information is so we can provide you with driving directions to the meeting location. Hotel pick up/drop off is not included.
- Please dress in athletic-wear and bring water, lunch and snacks
- Recommended items to bring: camera, gloves, extra layer of clothing, jacket, sunscreen, hat, snacks and water
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Most travelers can participate
- We are limited in guide availability this year due to Covid-19. Please understand if your reservation is not accepted because of this restriction.
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Our guides will be 6 ft from you and our group will stay 6 ft from other people on the trails. Masks are required for each person when 6 ft distancing isn't possible, when you first meet with your guide, during interpretation, rest stops, view points, & when departing after the tour.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.