Private Tour:Cape Sounio & The Temple of Poseidon
In this tour we’ll take the coastal avenue to explore the Athenian riviera passing through the most beautiful suburbs of Athens like Palaio Faliro ,Glyfada , Vouliagmeni,Varkiza.We’lll stop for a while to visit the lake of Vouliagmeni. Its name is associated with its creation the lake was formed when collapsed and sunk the roof of a cave.In the same territory, we will visit the tourist resort area very known as the Laimos of Vouliagmeni that is the most luxurious place of Athenian riviera.
After a really interesting coastal drive through beautiful landscapes villages and towns, we will reach the southern end of Attica named Cape Sounion.You will see there the ancient temple of Poseidon 444 BC (the god of the sea).This site is connected with the Greek Mythology the story of King Theseus and the monster Minotaur. The vista from up there of the Aegean sea is unique.If you visit the temple in the afternoon you can enjoy one of the most beautiful sunsets in your life.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- bottled water
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- WiFi on board
- Professional Drivers with knowledge of history. [Not licensed to accompany you in any site.]
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
What's excluded :
- Entrance fees
- Food and Drinks
- Licensed Tour guide
- Entry/Admission - Archaeological Site of Sounion
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Paleo Faliro, Paleo Faliro, Attica
Palaio Faliro is a beautiful suburb situated on the east coast of the Phalerum Bay, a bay of the Saronic Gulf, 6 km southwest of Athens city center.
Pass By: Glyfada, Glyfada, Attica
Glyfada is packed with some of the capital's best-known nightclubs, upscale restaurants, and shops. It could be argued to be one of the most "Americanized" of Athenian municipalities since an American airbase was located nearby until early 1990.
Stop At: Lake Vouliagmeni, Ethniki Odos Athinon Souniou, Vouliagmeni 166 71 Greece
The Lake of Vouliagmeni is 21 km far from Athens it's very known because of the medicinal waters.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Vouliagmeni Beach, Vouliagmeni Greece
An amazing sea resort with beautiful beaches for swimming
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Archaeological Site of Sounion, EO91, Lavreotiki 195 00, Greece
Cape Sounion is located at the very end of the Attica Peninsula. Very known for its Temple of Poseidon, one of the major monuments of the Golden Age of Athens.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We'll pick you up from any hotel in Athens or cruise ship terminal at Piraeus PortAirports
- Athens Intl Airport, Attiki Odos, Spata 190 04 Greece
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Stroller accessible
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.