Private Trip to Castelli Romani from Rome: Local Countryside Experience
Leave the modern and bustling world waiting on hold and immerse yourself into a delightful and peaceful atmosphere of the Roman countryside on this private 3-hour tour. Admire the elegancy of Castel Gandolfo architectural surroundings, visit the grandiose the Pontifical Palace, listen to mystical legends about Lake Nami, and enjoy a glass of domestic wine and tasty lunch at a local tavern in Frascati. Your guide will meet you at the Frascati train station and become your private driver around the countryside.
· Get an exclusive 3-hour tour around Roman countryside accompanied by a personal driver-guide
· Relax from the bustle and hustle of the city
· Savor the taste of Italian dishes and domestic wines
· Visit Rocca di Papa, a colorful town built on the cliff
per adult from
What's included :
- All Fees and Taxes
- Friendly local guide
- Must see and off the beaten path
- Iconic places for photoshoot
- Expert advice where to go and what to do after the tour
- Customizable itinerary
- A/C Car
- 1 alcoholic & non alcoholic drink
What's excluded :
- Extra drinks
- Train ticket
- Hotel pick-up and drop off
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Rome, Rome, Lazio
Your private guide will wait for you at the Frascati train station. Once you’ve met, you will embark on your journey to the charming Roman countryside.
Your guide will drive you through the town, so you can enjoy the view of its magnificent villas, gardens, fountains, and monuments. You will go to another beautiful town Castel Gandolfo and visit the grandiose Pontifical Villas. You will be amazed by its antiquity and majesty.
After it, you will visit Lake Nemi, located in a huge crater of an ancient extinct volcano. It is a very mysterious place with a rich history behind, and where a lot of remarkable artifacts were found. If you’re lucky you also will find something exciting.
Duration: 5 minutes
Stop At: Rome, Rome, Lazio
You will get historical and cultural insights from your guide on the way to another landmark. Then, you will have traditional lunch in a local tavern near one of the most luxurious residences, Villa Aldobrandini. After lunch, you will head to the highest town in this area, Rocca Di Papa. Its colorful houses built around the cliff is the most photographed place.
Duration: 5 minutes
Stop At: Frascati Centro storico, Da Via del Tuscolo, Frascati Italy
Frascati is a typical example of the elegant Roman countryside. Noble Romans contributed to the flourishing of this town. It is dotted with magnificent villas, gardens, fountains, and monuments.
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Pontifical Villas of Castel Gandolfo, 00040 Castel Gandolfo Italy
Castel Gandolfo is a small town nestled in the Albanian hills above Lake Albano. Despite its magnificent nature, Castel Gandolfo is famous for its architecture, including the grandiose Pontifical Villas. It is a must-see if you want to experience the atmosphere of Italian antiquity and spirituality.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Lago di Nemi, 00040 Nemi Italy
Nemi is a modest and endearing town, the main feature of which is nature. Lake Nemi is a small lake of volcanic origin. Throughout history, the lake was considered sacred. In ancient times it was known as Speculum Dianae or Diana's Mirror. The ruins of a temple dedicated to Diana and other impressive artifacts were discovered on its shore.
Duration: 50 minutes
Stop At: Scuderie Aldobrandini, Piazza Guglielmo Marconi 6, 00044, Frascati Italy
Villa Aldobrandini is a brilliant example of early baroque architecture and one of the most luxurious local residences. From here you can enjoy the stunning view of Rome or explore the former stables and Villa's garden.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Rocca di Papa, Rocca di Papa, Province of Rome, Lazio
Rocca Di Papa is a small town located in the Albanian mountains. The panorama of the city of numerous colorful houses built on the cliff slope has become one of the most photographed scenes in Italy.
Duration: 40 minutes
Departure Point :00044 Frascati, Metropolitan City of Rome, Italy
Departure Time :9:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- We are serious about taking extra precautions to stop the spread of this virus by practicing regular hand washing and sanitization. We practice social distancing measures through providing private tours only.This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.