Private Trip to Dracula Castle and Romania's Oldest Fortress from Bucharest
Break away from the city on a day tour through the history of Transylvania, including entrance to Dracula’s famous Castle and a visit to the country’s oldest military fortress. This private tour will ensure you have a relaxed, personalised experience in the heart of the country.
per adult from
3 to 4 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Driver & transportation
- Certified guide
- Entry/Admission - Bran Castle (Dracula's Castle)
What's excluded :
- Personal expenses
- Food & drinks
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Rasnov Citadel, Unirii Square no. 12, Rasnov 505400 Romania
Your first stop is Râșnov, an old medieval town that hosts at the top of a hill Transylvania’s best preserved citadel. Râșnov citadel is situated on the top of a hill overlooking Rasnov, and it was built in the 14th century by the Teutonic Knights, controlling the entry to Transylvania. From the top, you will enjoy a view over the city and its rural surroundings and mellow landscapes.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Bran Castle (Dracula's Castle), Str. General Traian Mosoiu nr. 24, Bran 507025 Romania
Next, you will visit the main attraction: Bran Castle. Built in the 14th century as a military fortress protecting Transylvania, Bran is a medieval castle that will impress you with its gloomy atmosphere and its bloody stories of Vlad the Impaler. This is where Bram Stoker got his inspiration for his novel, Dracula. Your guide will tell you the history, stories and legacy surrounding the castle.
Duration: 1 hour
Pass By: Oxigen Tour, Bucharest Romania
After a little relaxation and perhaps – why not? – a cup of tea with rum, as is the tradition in Transylvania, you will return to Bucharest, where your guide will drop you off at your hotel.
Departure Point :Bucharest, Romania
Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Point: At the main traveler's hotel in Bucharest
Departure Time :8am
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Dress code is smart casual
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.