Private Valtellina Wine Route tour
A long and intense day tour perfect for real wine lovers in Valtellina, one of the hidden gems of Northern Italy. With its stunning alpine landscapes, its picturesque terraced vineyards built over centuries, the elegance of its wines and its genuine gastronomy, Valtellina, if not the most renowned, is one of the most beautiful and underrated regions in Italy. Valtellina produces almost exclusively red wines, made of Chiavennasca, the local name for the Nebbiolo grape, but different from Barolo or Barbaresco. Less tannic and powerful, the nebbiolos of Valtellina are more delicate, with a lot of elegance. Because of the topography and the terraces, mechanization is impossible and everything in the vineyards is done by hand, from growing the grape to harvesting.
With this tour you'll visit 1 winery in the morning, have lunch in Tirano in a very special cozy location and then visit a second winery on your way back!
per adult from
What's included :
- Private transportation
- Alcoholic Beverages - Wine tasting experiences
- Entry/Admission - Tirano frontiera
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Lago di Como, 22100 Italy
From Milan you will have the Como Lake on your left so you'll be able to stop by and have some great pictures
Stop At: Tirano frontiera, Via Elvezia, 125, 23037 Tirano SO, Italy
Tirano will be our stop for lunch today and it's very close to the main wineries you'll visit today
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :1: Milan, Metropolitan City of Milan, Italy
2: 23100 Sondrio, Province of Sondrio, Italy
Traveler pickup is offered
From your hotel in Milan or Sondrio
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.