Private Vatican Market Tour with Tastings and Cooking Class
This experience is a real luxury for gastronomy lovers. There is nothing better than having a Roman chef as your private host, who will guide you through the Mercato Trionfale, where Roman citizens go to stock their kitchens, in the mythical Vatican district. Visit the most emblematic stands of the market and taste a tempting selection of sausages, cheeses, oils, supplis, pizzas, wines, among other Italian products of great quality.
The best part of the tour will be the experience of cooking 'pasta a la carbonara' in the restaurant of the chef/guide, who will teach you the secrets of this traditional dish, in his cooking class.
Enjoy this private experience, smells, tastes and good company will remain forever in your memory and on your palate ... a real privilege!
per adult from
What's included :
- Lunch - 11 tastes of the roman traditional food are included.During the tour you will taste 3 glasses of different roman wines in 2 wine shops. Your guide will also offer you a bottle of water or soda .
- Entry/Admission - Mercato Trionfale
- Entry/Admission - Coney Island Street Food Roma
- Entry/Admission - Fattore Gelato Roma
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Mercato Trionfale, Via Andrea Doria 41, 00192 Rome Italy
Mercato Trionfale is the central market of the Vatican district. It has seemingly endless rows of vendors selling fresh vegetables, fruit, spices, cheese, seafood, meat, wine and more. See where real Romans go to stock their kitchens and learn about the secret behind great Italian cuisine: local high-quality ingredients. At the market, you will try 11 different tastes and 3 glasses of different roman wines. You will visit 7 food and wine stands. Your guide will also offer you a bottle of water or soda to accompany the tastings.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Coney Island Street Food Roma, Via Francesco Caracciolo, 29, 00192 Roma RM, Italy
You will go to cook the traditional 'Pasta Carbonara' in the kitchen of your private guide, an expert Roman chef. Before that, buy at the market fresh pasta, guanciale (similar to bacon) and pecorino (typical Roman goat cheese).
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Fattore Gelato Roma, Via Andrea Doria, 53/B, 00192 Roma RM, Italy
Taste one of the best ice creams in town. Ideal dessert to conclude the tour.
Duration: 30 minutes
Departure Point :Coney Island Street Food Roma, Via Francesco Caracciolo, 29, 00192 Roma RM, Italy
Return Detail :Fattore Gelato Roma, Via Andrea Doria, 53/B, 00192 Roma RM, Italy
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.