Private Vatican Museums, Sistine Chapel and Basilica with Hotel Pick-up
This tour allows you to enjoy some of the most famous artistic treasures in the world, including Michelangelo's frescoed masterpiece on the ceiling of the Sistine Chapel and his "Last Judgment". In addition, you will explore, with your private tour guide, breathtaking galleries like the hall of the tapestries, the wonderfully ornate map room and the imposing St. Peter's basilica. To complete this unique experience, we'll offer you a private pick-up service from your accommodation with an English-speaking driver and luxury transportation.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Professional tour guide
- Hotel pick-up
- Private tour
- English-speaking driver with luxury transportation
- Skip the line admission tickets
- Entry/Admission - Vatican Museums
- Guaranteed to skip the lines
What's excluded :
- Hotel drop-off
- Food and drinks
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Vatican Museums, Viale Vaticano, 00120 Vatican City Italy
In this tailor-made tour at the Vatican museums, you will enjoy a complimentary pick-up service from your accommodation by one of our expert English-speaking drivers. You will be taken to the usually packed museum entrance, where you will meet you private tour guide and, with your "skip the line" ticket, you will skip the huge entry line and access the metal detector check.
All of our tour guides are local experts and have a deep knowledge in art and history. They are perfectly trained to follow your pace, assist you throughout the whole tour and guarantee you an unforgettable experience!
The tour will begin in a gorgeous panoramic terrace that offers a stunning view of St. Peter's dome overlooking the Vatican gardens. The guide will then walk you through all the highlights of the museums which include masterpieces and artifacts from different cultures and civilizations. You will enter the Pio Clementine museum, you will gasp at the length of the enormous Tapestry Hall, then through the Hall of the Painted Maps, you will enter the Sistine Chapel whose impact in history, religion and visual arts has no equal in the world.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Sistine Chapel, Viale Vaticano, 00165 Vatican City Italy
Enter and gasp at the magnificent fresco paintings of the world's most famous chapel! Michelangelo's ceiling and "Last Judgment" are the highlights of the tour.
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: St. Peter's Basilica, Piazza San Pietro, 00120 Vatican City Italy
After visiting the Sistine Chapel, through a special door available only if accompanied by a licensed tour guide, you will reach the largest Catholic church in the world: St. Peter's Basilica. This is where Michelangelo's sculpture "Pieta" is kept and the tombs of the popes including St. John Paul II's and St. Peter the Apostle.
The tour ends in St. Peter's square, where you will admire Bernini's colonnade and the stunning façade of the basilica.
At last, for those interested in purchasing religious articles or official Vatican products, the tour guide will take you to the official Vatican gift store and eventually show you the nearest taxi station or subway.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We offer pickup service from all accommodation facilities located in the city center. Hotels, B&B's and apartments. Please include, in your reservation, the accommodation name and address.
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- A dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements
- The duration of transfers are approximate, the exact duration will depend on the time of day and traffic conditions
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.