Private VR Tour of Rome Ancient City and Colosseum
Join this private Colosseum tour and experience Ancient Rome come to life on this unique Virtual Reality experience. Enjoy a walking tour of Rome's Ancient City and see these ruins gloriously recreated, with the help of our VR headsets. Enjoy skip-the-line access to the Colosseum and see it as it was in the 3rd century AD.
Join your expert, local guide and walk down the Via dei Fori Imperiali, to see the Imperial and Roman Forum. Hear the tales of power and murder from life at the peak of the Roman Empire. With your VR headsets, you'll see Temples lost to time recreated, and even go inside!
Next, join a Colosseum tour to experience the world's most iconic amphitheater for yourself. Before you head inside, see the Colosseum recreated in astonishing 3D Virtual Reality. Discover all the stories of the violent gladiator's games.
per adult from
What's included :
- Full tour from an expert guide
- Private tour of max 6
- Headsets for groups of 6 or more
- Oculus Rift VR Headsets
- Entry/Admission - Colosseum
What's excluded :
- Hotel pick-up and return
- Food and drink
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Colosseum, Piazza del Colosseo, 00184 Rome Italy
Visit the world’s most iconic amphitheater: the Colosseum. See the famous stadium where 80,000 Romans would have gathered to watch the blood sports on the Arena floor. Over 400,000 people died over the Colosseum’s 400 years in use, and 1,000,000 animals.
Duration: 2 hours
Pass By: Roman Forum, Largo della Salara Vecchia 5/6, 00186 Rome Italy
See the evocative ruins of the Roman Forum — including Temples and Victory Arches .
Stop At: Via dei Fori Imperiali, 00186 Rome Italy
Discover the fascinating history of Ancient Rome on a stroll down the Via dei Fori Imperiali, where you'll see the Forum of Augustus, Forum of Trajan and Forum of Nerva. See the spectacular ruins, including Temples and Victory Arches, of the Roman Forum.
Duration: 1 hour
Pass By: Palatine Hill, Piazza Santa Maria Nova, 53, 00186 Rome Italy
The Palatine Hill was once the home of Rome's Emperors.
Pass By: Arco di Costantino, Via di San Gregorio, 00186 Rome Italy
As you walk around the exterior of the Colosseum, you'll pause for a moment at the Arch of Constantine; the Triumphal Arch of Rome's first Christian Emperor. Discover the fascinating history of the Arch and how its iconic style spawned many copy-cats.
Pass By: Ludus Magnus, Piazza del Colosseo Via Labicana, Rome Italy
See the ruins of the Ludus Magnus – once the largest school for gladiators in Ancient Rome.
Pass By: Basilica Ulpia, Via dei Fori Imperiali, Rome Italy
See the remains of the secular Basilica and law court in the Forum of Trajan.
Pass By: Septimius Severus Arch, Via dell'Arco di Settimio, 00186 Roma RM, Italy
See one of the best-preserved Roman Victory Arches in the world.
Pass By: Foro di Traiano, Via dei Fori Imperiali, Rome Italy
View the ruins of the last Imperial Forum constructed in the Roman Empire.
Departure Point :Largo Gaetana Agnesi, 00184 Roma RM, Italy
Return Detail :Capitoline Hill, 00186 Rome, Metropolitan City of Rome, Italy
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- NB: You must have a valid photo ID to enter the Colosseum (student's ID, Driver License, Passport or State ID all work.)
- You walk through the ancient city and wear 3D glasses in carefully selected and particularly suggestive spots.
- We enter the Colosseum to walk on the Colosseum Arena, but use of 3D glasses is not allowed only inside the Colosseum.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult.
- Colosseum and Roman Forum are ancient sites and not wheelchair friendly. We encourage those with mobility problems to explore different tour options. This tour lasts 3 hours and a fair amount of walking is involved, including stairs and uphill paths.
- Strollers are allowed but not recommended, as stairs are steep and the ground is uneven.
- There is no scheduled break, but it will be possible to stop for restrooms along the path.
- For security reasons, all visitors and their luggage shall be screened; all objects (including mobile phones) must be put in the bag/backpack or in the tray for X-ray screening. Large backpacks, camping bags, bulky bags, and luggage/trolleys are not allowed; medium and small backpacks can be shouldered and must be checked, as any other bag, with metal detectors, opened and visually inspected by security.
- Wear comfortable shoes; bring hat and sunscreen.
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.