Private Walking Tour: Hidden Jewish Origins of Harlem
Before Harlem became the epicenter of the African American experience it was a Jewish immigrant neighborhood. The Gershwin Brothers, Rodgers and Hammerstein, Milton Berle, Lane Bryant, Sophie Tucker and many many more got their starts in Jewish Harlem at the dawn of the 20th century.
The neighborhood is filled with synagogues, theaters, nickelodeons, department stores built by Jews for Jews that have been turned into churches, movie theaters, music venues, and political gathering sites that played a pivotal role in modern American history from the Great White Way to the Civil Rights movement. Harlem exemplifies the great "melting pot" of modern America.
per adult from
2 hours 30 minutes
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Tour Guide
What's excluded :
- Entry/Admission - Apollo Theater
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Apollo Theater, 253 W 125th St, New York City, NY 10027-4408
Hear the history of one of the world's most famous performance venues.
Duration: 15 minutes
Departure Point :22 Mt Morris Park W, New York, NY 10027, USA
Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Time :Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods. 1/17/2020 - 8/1/2022
Monday: 09:00 AM - 06:00 PM Tuesday: 09:00 AM - 06:00 PM Wednesday: 09:00 AM - 06:00 PM Thursday: 09:00 AM - 06:00 PM Friday: 09:00 AM - 06:00 PM Saturday: 11:00 AM - 06:00 PM Sunday: 11:00 AM - 06:00 PM
Return Detail :Apollo Theater, 253 W 125th St, New York, NY 10027, USA
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.