Private Walking Tour in Salzburg with a Guide
During the private tour you will get to know the history and culture of Salzburg and Austria. See iconic highlights as Mirabell Palace and Salzburg Cathedral, but also discover hidden gems of the city with incredible stories!
• You will explore the highlights of Salzburg during the tour led by a licensed guide
• Learn the history of Salzburg and discover places related with Mozart, like his Birthplace.
• Visit fantastic Salzburg Cathedral, Mirabell Palace and amazing Fortress.
• See on your own magic scenery from movie “The Sound of Music”
• Enjoy a private tour only with your family and friends
Learn the facts and legends of picturesque Salzburg city on a private walking tour. You will see the best selected highlights and main attractions. Get a great portion of knowledge from your local professional guide and enjoy vibes of this historic city. The guide lead you through multiple alleys and parts of the city to deliver you unforgettable memories!
per adult from
2 to 6 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Private walking tour in Salzburg led by licensed guide
- Visit at St. Andrew Parish Church
- Visit at St. Peter's Abbey (in 3, 4, 6-hours options)
- Visit at Salzburg Cathedral (in 4 and 6-hours options)
- Skip-the-line ticket to Hohensalzburg Fortress (in 6-hours option)
- Funicular ride both way on Fortress (in option with Fortress)
- Tour program adapted to the preferences of the group
- Tips about local restaurants, patisserie, pubs
- Pick up from the hotel (only hotels in Salzburg Old Town)
- Entry/Admission - St. Peter's Abbey (Stift St. Peter)
- Entry/Admission - Salzburg Cathedral
- Entry/Admission - Fortress Hohensalzburg Castle
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup from hotels besides Salzburg Old Town
- Entrance fee to Catacombs in St. Peter's Abbey (2 EUR - optional)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: St. Andrew's Church, Mirabellplatz 5, Salzburg 5020 Austria
Here you will meet the guide, simply find your name on a holding card and start your sightseeing tour. You will enter the St. Andrew Parish Church. This building was constructed in 1892 in neo-gothic style. Step inside and admire this peaceful place.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Mirabell Palace and Gardens, Mirabellplatz 4, Salzburg 5020 Austria
Your guide will take you to see fabulous Mirabell Palace. It’s a complex of historic residence built by prince-archbishop Wolf Dietrich with baroque pleasure gardens. This former palace now houses government offices. The gardens are where the von Trapp children sang "Do-Re-Mi" in the Sound of Music.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Salzburger Altstadt, Altstadt, Salzburg Austria
The Old Town of Salzburg is a UNESCO World Cultural Heritage Site. Learn the facts and legends of picturesque Salzburg city on this private walking tour. You will see the best selected highlights and main attractions. Enjoy vibes of this historic city and take fantastic pictures on every corner! The guide lead you through multiple alleys and parts of the city to deliver you unforgettable memories!
Duration: 3 hours
Pass By: Mozart Residence (Mozart Wohnhaus), Makartplatz 8, Salzburg 5020 Austria
Next, see from outside where Mozart lived at the so-called then "Dance Master's House". You can explore and learn more about him in our other specially dedicated tours. Possible to visit in our other tours.
Stop At: Old City Hall (Altes Rathaus), Kranzlmarkt 1, Salzburg 5020 Austria
Your guide will lead you to Rathaus. Take a look at the building of the Old City Hall and see its beautiful facade.
Duration: 5 minutes
Pass By: Mozart's Birthplace, Getreidegasse 9, Salzburg 5020 Austria
During your tour you will also see the birthplace of the famous composer. It displays numerous musical artifacts from his early childhood. Possible to visit in our other tours.
Stop At: Getreidegasse, Salzburg 5020 Austria
Take a stroll through this famous shopping street which brings to life the atmosphere of centuries past.
Duration: 15 minutes
Pass By: Kollegienkirche (Collegiate Church), Universitatsplatz, Salzburg Austria
Next, your Private Guide will take to toward gorgeous Kollegienkirche. Admire its Baroque architecture and be amazed by its beauty.
Stop At: University Square, 5020 Salzburg, Austria
During your Salzburg Old Town Sightseeing your guide will show you University Square. It is near the oldest core of the Altstadt and was once the site of the garden of the Peters Frauen.
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Alter Markt, Goldgasse, Salzburg 5020 Austria
During your Old Town Tour you have a chance to see this old marketplace. Discover this hidden gem surrounded by stunning baroque style buildings.
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Makartsteg / Ferdinand-Hanusch-Platz, Salzburg 5020 Austria
Take a glance and walk through the Makartsteg - best known for being the most romantic place in Salzburg.
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: St. Peter's Abbey (Stift St. Peter), Sankt-Peter-Bezirk off Kapitalpl., Salzburg 5020 Austria
Opt for a 3-hours tour and your guide will show you this medieval monastery. It has served as the home to monks for over 1,000 years. The church and abbey have been the spiritual heart of Salzburg. Aside from its striking Christian architecture, the cemetery and catacombs are also a must-see for fans of "The Sound of Music".
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Salzburg Cathedral, Kapitelplatz 2, Salzburg 5020 Austria
Extend your tour to 4-hours and stroll down to reach magnificent Salzburg Cathedral. Your guide will share with you the most fascinating stories about this place to make your experience unforgettable! Twin spires top this baroque-style 17th-century Cathedral, with a museum housing sacred treasures. Get inside and see amazing sculpture ceiling, organs and great chapels. This uniquely-designed cathedral was constructed in the early 17th century and was the site of Mozart's baptism in 1756.
Duration: 40 minutes
Stop At: Fortress Hohensalzburg Castle, Moenchsberg 34, Salzburg 5020 Austria
Choose a 6-hours option to enter Hohensalzburg Fortress with your guide. It’s Top1 Attraction by many reasons: absolutely amazing views on top, great history and huge area to explore in the Main Castle. Inside you will see Princes’ Apartments, Magic Theater and Fortress Museum.
Duration: 2 hours
Pass By: DomQuartier Salzburg, Residenzplatz 1 Domplatz 1a, Salzburg 5020 Austria
The tour is fully adapted to your needs so despite the fact that the tour itinerary doesn’t cover this attraction, it might be visited on your request. If you wish your private guide could take you there in an extended version of the tour. The transformation of this place began over 400 years ago. The masterpiece in Italian-style Baroque gem was created and put on a UNESCO World Heritage site.
Pass By: Haus der Natur, Museumsplatz 5, Salzburg 5020 Austria
The tour is fully adapted to your needs so despite the fact that the tour itinerary doesn’t cover this attraction, it might be visited on your request. If you wish your private guide could take you there in an extended versions of the tour. Tickets are not included.
Pass By: Petersfriedhof, Sankt-Peter-Bezirk 1, Salzburg 5020 Austria
The tour is fully adapted to your needs so despite the fact that the tour itinerary doesn’t cover this attraction, it might be visited on your request. This picturesque cemetery, much of which dates back to the 17th century, provides a secluded spot to escape the bustle of the rest of the city.
Departure Point :Andräkirche Salzburg, Mirabellplatz 5/1, 5020 Salzburg, Austria
Traveler pickup is offered
Pickup is possible at your accommodation in Salzburg Old Town.
Return Detail :1: Kollegienkirche, Universitätspl. 1, 5020 Salzburg, Austria
2: Salzburg Cathedral, Domplatz 1a, 5020 Salzburg, Austria
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.