Private Walking Tour of Classical Budapest
On this 4-hour, private walking tour, look forward to exploring Budapest’s quintessential historic sites. The Hungarian capital is famous for its old world charm, which you’ll discover when you visit landmarks ranging from the Royal Palace and Matthias Church on the Buda side of the river to St. Stephen’s Basilica and Andrássy Avenue on the Pest side of the river. Though your itinerary is customizable, count on seeing the city’s top highlights (and look forward to a coffee stop at a grand café, too).
per adult from
3 to 4 hours
What's included :
- Private guide
- Coffee or soft drink
- Hotel pickup
What's excluded :
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- On this private walking tour, discover Budapest’s timeless, old world beauty — and enjoy a custom, flexible itinerary. To begin the tour, your guide will meet you at your hotel, apartment, or any other preferred location in the city. Depending on your starting point, the route will vary, but you can count on seeing a number of important landmarks while your guide tells fascinating stories about Budapest's history.
One recommended itinerary is to begin the tour in Heroes’ Square, famous for its impressive statues. Venture to the adjacent City Park (and catch glimpses of the beautiful Vajdahunyad Castle) before dropping by the sprawling Széchenyi Bath complex, which is known for its many thermal baths and sunny yellow facade.
Next, enjoy a ride on the Budapest Metro and a stop for complimentary coffee and a soft drink in one of the grand cafes lining Andrássy Avenue (also known as the “Hungarian Champs-Élysées) before crossing the Chain Bridge to the Buda side of the river, where the famous Buda Castle complex is found. You'll want to linger here, given the concentration of landmarks (including the Royal Palace and the Matthias Church), as well as the views overlooking the city. The 4-hour tour ends with a return Metro ticket, which you can use to travel back to your accommodation.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We pick you up at your hotel lobby/at a previously arranged place upon request.
Departure Time :Various departure times are available
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Pricing is per group pricing
- A maximum of 6 people per booking
- This tour will involve moderate walking; comfortable shoes are recommended
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.