Private walking tour of Cologne's old town
During the tour you will learn something about the history of the second oldest city in Germany, e.g. why a Roman empress absolutely wanted to give the city its name, why it took so long until the cathedral was finished, why all the waiters in Cologne have the same name, what we found right in front of the town hall, why the Schmitz family has a monument here has and much more. Everything is presented in an entertaining manner, with a wink and typical Cologne humor.
per adult from
1 hour 30 minutes
What's included :
- 90-minute guided tour of Cologne's old town
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Cologne Cathedral, Domkloster 4, 50667 Cologne, North Rhine-Westphalia Germany
The Cologne High Cathedral is the best known and most visited building in Germany. Learn about the building history of this wonderful cathedral and why it is important for Cologne that 'their' cathedral is never finished.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Roman-German Museum (Romisch-Germanisches Museum), Roncalliplatz 4, 50667 Cologne, North Rhine-Westphalia Germany
We stop briefly in front of the museum and take a look at the world-famous Dionysos mosaic. It impresses with its size and its well-preserved colors.
Duration: 5 minutes
Stop At: Historic Old Town, Altstadt-Quartier, 50667 Cologne, North Rhine-Westphalia Germany
In addition to countless pubs and restaurants, we find the historic town hall, Tünnes and Schäl, the place where the Cologne water was invented, the large old squares of the city and a lot of history and anecdotes.
Duration: 45 minutes
Departure Point :Kreuzblume, Kardinal-Höffner-Platz 1, 50667 Köln, Germany
Departure Time :Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods. 6/17/2020 - 11/11/2021
Wednesday - Sunday: 10:00 AM - 06:00 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Stroller accessible
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.