Private Walking Tour of Dharavi Slum with Transport
This private tour of Dharavi Slum will help you gain a different perspective of of of the largest slums in the world. While exploring Dharavi, learn new insights and stories from your guide about the local residents and their innovative ideas that have led to thriving small businesses, such as plastic recycling, leather work, pottery, soap production, and much more.
per adult from
What's included :
- Private local guide
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Personal expenses
- Meet your guide at your hotel lobby during your agreed upon meeting time. Your walking tour will be approximately 3 hours.
Starting the tour from the top of a bridge, you will be able to see the commercial part of the slum. Walk through this area to various recycling facilities, namely plastic recycling, aluminum recycling, oil paint tin can recycling and cardboard sheet recycling. You will also see soap manufacturing, leather factories, cloth dying factories, bakeries, and many other industries within the slum.
Afterwards, move on to the residential area, which is the most interesting part of this walking tour. You will pass through short and narrow alleys while your guide narrates and explains how the slum is upgrading the way of living.
You will also visit the market place where you can shop for different varieties of fruits, vegetables, sweets, dry-fruits etc. Finally, visit four different schools to meet the slum children before moving on to a place called Kumbharwada, home to highly skilled potters in Dharavi.
Your guide will drop you back off to your hotel at the end of your tour.
Departure Point :Mumbai, Mumbai, Maharashtra
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Minimum age is 3 years
- Comfortable walking shoes are recommended
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.