Private Walking Tour of Enkhuizen
Set off on foot to discover the charming city of Enkhuizen during this private, 2-hour walking tour. With your local guide, see historical monuments like the "Zuiderkerk" (South Church) and the Dromedary Defense Tower as well as hidden gems like the Snouck van Loosen park. Have plenty of time to ask your personal guide questions as you learn about the city’s unique character, and its local history and culture. The tour ends at the Zuiderzeemuseum, voted the "Holland's best museum" in 2013, 2014, and 2016.
per adult from
What's included :
- Professional guide
- Hotel/port pick-up
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Snouck Van Loosen park, Havenweg, Enkhuizen The Netherlands
Walk through the Snouck van Loosenpark, a beautifull park erected late 19th Century as a social housing project.
Duration: 10 minutes
Pass By: Cultureel Centrum Drommedaris, Paktuinen 1, 1601 GD Enkhuizen The Netherlands
Walk by the Dromedary defense tower
Pass By: Zuiderkerksteeg 1, 1601 HJ Enkhuizen The Netherlands
Walk by the Zuiderkerk.
Stop At: Zuiderzeemuseum, Wierdijk 12-22, 1601 LA Enkhuizen The Netherlands
Your visit to Enkhuizen is made complete with a visit to the famed Zuiderzeemuseum. The Zuiderzee Museum in Enkhuizen revives the stories of people who once lived on the shores of the Zuiderzee. See, hear, taste and smell everyday life around the Zuiderzee as it was before the Afsluitdijk (IJsselmeer Barrier Dam) changed the sea into the IJsselmeer in 1932.
In the summertime the Museum ferry carries you across the IJsselmeer to the Outdoor Museum. The open-air section covers 15 acres and accommodates authentic buildings from the former Zuiderzee region, such as a church, a fish-curing shed, a mill, a cheese warehouse, shops and dwelling houses from the surrounding fishing villages.
In the wintertime, you can explore the indoor museum, housing the treasure chest of the Zuiderzee. Temporary exhibitions display the rich collection of the Museum.
Our guide will tell you some things about the museum and after that you can explore the museum on you own if you wish.
Duration: 30 minutes
Pass By: Stadsgevangenis van Enkhuizen uit 1612, Gevangenis Aan de Zwaanstraat, 1600 AA Enkhuizen The Netherlands
Departure Point :Het Station Enkhuizen, Stationsplein 2, 1601 EN Enkhuizen, Netherlands
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 7 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- At time of booking, river cruise ship passengers must provide the following information at time of booking: ship name.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Social distancing 1,5 meter Face masks mandatory in public transport.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.