Private Walking Tour of Genoa and the history of Blue Jeans
A guided itinerary that will take us back in time to the ancient Republic of Genoa, when manufacturing was one of the most important activities.
Guided visit of the Diocesan Museum, a real treasury of valuable art, set up inside the San Lorenzo cloister.
per adult from
What's included :
- Full day guided visit of the city with a licensed and certified guide tour
- Museum Diocesan entrance
- Entry/Admission - Museo Diocesano Chiostro dei Canonici di San Lorenzo
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Centro storico di Genova, 16124 Genova GE, Italy
Precious typical fabrics such as lace and less noble fabrics, like hemp and "the blue of Genoa", now known as "Blue
Jeans ”, a particular fabric that was used to cover the goods on ships and later worn by the same sailors because
We will visit the historic center with
particular interest in artisan shops such. We will stop at a particular shops that has always been dealing with Genoese "mezzari", large pieces of cotton or linen cloth richly printed, which were formerly used to cover the head or as a piece of furniture in many noble palaces. The visit will continue with some businesses known for lace and "Macramé", a particular type of lace created according to an ancient maritime technique without needles.
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Museo Diocesano Chiostro dei Canonici di San Lorenzo, Via Tomaso Reggio 20r, 16123, Genoa Italy
Free lunch time. In the afternoon guided visit of the Diocesan Museum, where you can find sculptures, paintings, ship sails and canvases from 1500 painted on the famous "Genoa blue", the current blue jeans fabric.
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :Piazza Caricamento, Genova GE, Italy
Departure Time :Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods. 6/16/2020 - 10/20/2021
Monday: 09:00 AM - 11:00 AM Wednesday: 09:00 AM - 11:00 AM Thursday: 09:00 AM - 11:00 AM Friday: 09:00 AM - 11:00 AM Saturday: 09:00 AM - 11:00 AM Sunday: 09:00 AM - 11:00 AM
Return Detail :Diocesan Museum, Via Tommaso Reggio, 20r, 16123 Genova GE, Italy
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.