Private Walking Tour of the National Gallery of Art
Since the National Gallery of Art first opened in 1937 its collection tracing Western art from the Middle Ages to the present day has won great international acclaim.
Composed of works by the greatest artists of all time, all the gallery’s artifacts have been gifted, many by American financier and former Ambassador to the UK, Andrew W Mellon. Today this glorious art trove is brimming with Raphael, Rubens, El Greco, Rembrandt, Monet, Van Gogh, Picasso, Jackson Pollock, and Andy Warhol. Leonard da Vinci’s Ginevra de’ Benci - dubbed Washington’s “Mona Lisa” - is also notable as the only da Vinci in all the Americas on public display.
Your absorbing Private National Gallery of Art Tour is led by a respected historian to provide a rich and immersive 2.5-hour experience. As you move through the galleries, consider why certain styles proliferated at certain times, and explore the impact of the socio-political climate on artistic expression.
per adult from
What's included :
- A friendly, professional tour guide for your own private group
- Plenty of time to take photos of your favourite places
What's excluded :
- Food and drink, although your guide will be happy to recommend local favourites along the way
- Gratuities (optional)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: National Gallery of Art, Constitution Ave NW 6th Street and Constitution Avenue NW, Washington DC, DC 20002
An extensive art museum, which features a number of artworks of Alexander Hamilton and his family.
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :Andrew W. Mellon Memorial Fountain, 401 Constitution Ave. NW, Washington, DC 20565, USA
Return Detail :National Gallery of Art, Constitution Ave. NW, Washington, DC 20565, USA
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.