Private walking tour of Veliky Novgorod
3-hour walking tour of the main attractions of Veliky Novgorod. You will see Yaroslav’s Court, Novgorod Kremlin, St. Sophia Cathedral, Monument to the Millennium of Russia, ect.
per adult from
What's included :
- Professional English-speaking tour guide
- Entrance fees
- Skip-the-line entrance
- Entry/Admission - Yaroslav’s Court
- Entry/Admission - Novgorod Kremlin (Detinets)
- Entry/Admission - St. Sophia Cathedral
- Entry/Admission - Millennium of Russia
What's excluded :
- Personal expenses
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Yaroslav’s Court, Il'ina Ulitsa, Veliky Novgorod, Novgorodskaya oblast', Russia, 173000
Yaroslav's Court was the princely compound in the city of Novgorod the Great. Today it is roughly the area around the Trade Mart, the St. Nicholas Cathedral, the Church of St. Procopius, and the Church of the Myrrh-bearing Women. The Trade Mart renovated and heavily modified in the sixteenth and seventeenth centuries, is all that is left of the princely palace itself.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Novgorod Kremlin (Detinets), Sofiyskaya Storona, Veliky Novgorod Russia
Novgorod Kremlin (also Detinets) stands on the left bank of the Volkhov River. The compound was originally the site of a pagan burial ground upon which the first bishop of Novgorod built the Cathedral of Holy Wisdom upon his arrival in the area in 989 or so. The main buildings in the Detinets are the Cathedral of Holy Wisdom and the archiepiscopal/metropolitan compound in the northwestern corner.
Duration: 1 hour 10 minutes
Stop At: St. Sophia Cathedral, Kremlin, 11, Veliky Novgorod 173007 Russia
The Cathedral of St. Sophia (the Holy Wisdom of God) in Veliky Novgorod is the first Slavic church in which local divergences from Byzantine pattern were made so evident. With its austere walls, narrow windows, the church is redolent of Romanesque architecture of Western Europe, rather than of Greek churches built at that time.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Millennium of Russia, Novrogod Kremlin, Veliky Novgorod Russia
The idea of opening the monument belonged to Alexander II and was supported by historians. In 1862, the millennium of Russia was expected; It was decided to erect a monument to the millennium of Russia in Novgorod, thereby recognizing its key role in creating the Russian state.
Duration: 20 minutes
Departure Point :Veliky Novgorod, Novgorod Oblast, Russia
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.