Private Walking Tour: Prague Castle, St Vitus Cathedral with Entry fee
On this private Prague walking tour, discover one of the city’s oldest districts, Malá Strana, with a private guide, and visit the site of Prague Castle. You’ll walk over the Vltava River via the Charles Bridge into Malá Strana (also known as Lesser Town) to see attractions like a Templar church, Kampa Park, artwork by Czech artist David Cerný and the Wallenstein Gardens. Then follow your guide up the hill to Prague Castle to admire views of the city and see St Vitus Cathedral.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Meet on location or optional pick-up
- Professional guide
- Day entry to Prague Castle sights
- Entry/Admission - Golden Lane
What's excluded :
- Hotel drop-off
- Food and drinks
- Your private guide will meet you at your Prague hotel and begin your private walking tour by leading you to the Charles Bridge. As you walk over this centuries-old Prague icon for the other side of the Vltava, you’ll be following in the footsteps of kings and queens, lords and ladies who crossed it as far back as the year 1400!
As you step onto the other side of the river, you’ll be in Malá Strana. Follow your guide to several area sights, including Our Lady Under the Chain, a church founded by the Templars while they were making their way to the Holy Land; Kampa Park, where you’ll see replicas of the famous baby sculptures created by native artist David Cerný; Kampa Square, where scenes from the movie Mission: Impossible were shot; and the Franz Kafka Museum, outside of which you’ll see another interesting creation by Cerný.
Next, walk to the tucked-away Vojan Gardens, not as well known as the Wallenstein Gardens, which you’ll visit next, but loved by locals. At the Wallenstein Gardens (part of Wallenstein Palace, which dates back to the early 17th century and is now home to the Czech senate), admire the rows of trimmed hedges and Baroque architecture, and then begin your walk up the hill to Prague Castle.
The incline may leave you a little out of breath, but you’ll be rewarded by the views of Prague that stretch before you. Prague Castle dates back to the year 880, is considered the largest ancient castle in the world and is made up of many architectural styles, including Gothic, Baroque and Romanesque.
Then visit the Old Royal Palace, the oldest part of the castle complex, before heading to your last stop, St Vitus Cathedral. The Gothic church took nearly 600 years to complete and is home to the tombs of Bohemian kings and Holy Roman Emperors.
We'll also take a break for coffee and cake in a cosy Café near the castle. The tour concludes in the castle.
Departure Point :Michalská 432/12, Staré Město, 110 00 Praha-Praha 1, Czechia
Traveler pickup is offered
Please give us your accommodation details at the time of booking. When no pick-up info is provided 72 hours prior to tour time, the guide will wait for you in the office.
Return Detail :Prague Castle, 119 08 Prague 1, Czechia
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- We offer pick-up in case the accommodation address is provided in "special requirements"
- Tour operates in all weather conditions so please dress appropriately.
- Participants will need to be fit for light continuous walking, for up to 3 hours
- We reserve the right to alter and change tour programs without prior notice
- Please wear modest clothing (covering the shoulders and thighs) when visiting the church. Male visitors are requested to enter with a bare head - unless this is against the rules of their religion
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 30 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Mask is compulsory indoors and on public transport. No need to mask outdoors when social distance measures of 1.5 meters are kept. No headphones provided, the guide keeps distance but will not wear a mask outdoors. Please take your own mask with you.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.