Private Walking Tour: Trastevere and Jewish Ghetto
Discover the charming district of Trastevere and the Jewish ghetto with our walking tour starting from Piazza Trilussa.
Would you like to explore Rome as it looked like a couple of centuries ago? Narrow stone paved streets lined by medieval houses?
Trastevere is named for its position ‘over the Tiber’. Separated from the heart of central Rome by the river, the area retained its narrow lanes and working-class population when the rest of Rome began its nineteenth-century expansion.
Despite its being a major touristic destination, it has managed to preserve a strong local (and “Roman”!) identity.
We'll cross the river Tiber and the Tiberina Island to get to one of the most important areas of the city: the Jewish ghetto.
As the oldest Jewish community in all of Europe, this beautiful, thriving neighborhood is as central to the history of the city as it is to the Jewish faith.
per adult from
2 hours 30 minutes
What's included :
- Private tour (just for your party)
- Professional Art Historian Guide
What's excluded :
- Transportation to/from attractions
- Tips (optional)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Trastevere, 00153 Rome Italy
One of the most lively districts of Rome. You'll walk through its small and colorful streets and discover some of the most ancient churches.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Isola Tiberina, Rome Italy
You'll cross the Tiber River and its Island, the perfect location to take the nicest pics of your holiday
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Roman Ghetto, Rome Italy
You'll learn about the history of the Jewish community in the city of Rome, walking in the streets of the old district
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Piazza Trilussa, 00153 Roma RM, Italy
Return Detail :Piazza Mattei, 00186 Roma RM, Italy
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Dress code is smart casual, wear comfortable shoes
- Dress code: you are not allowed inside churches wearing shorts, mini-skirts, or with bare shoulders (women, men and kids).
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.