Private Waterfall and Raniforest tour
Take an exclusive private tour to the rainforest of the Central Mountain region and explore the stone carvings left by the Taínos in the rocks of the Zama River in Jayuya. We pick you up at your hotel in the San Juan metopolitan at 830am and head west and then south towards the mountain town of Ciales. We travel in the comfort of our Audi Q7 through the Toro Negro rainforest and into the Tres Picachos Rainforest reserve where we arrive at our first stop, the magical and secluded Las Delicias Waterfall. A short hike from the road, Las Delicias will captivate you with it´s unmatched beauty. Ater the waterfall we stop for lunch at a local BBQ place in the town of Jayuya. Finally we head to the forest once more and hike up to discover the mysterious petroglyphs or stone carvings left by the Taínos. Here our expert guide will teach you the why´s and how´s of the petroglyph´s and the Taíno culture.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Transport by private vehicle
- Professional Archaeologist guide
- Pickup and drop-off from San Juan Metropolitan Area
- Private tour
- Bottled water
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Sojourn Puerto Rico, San Juan 00912 Puerto Rico
After another 15 minute drive, you will arrive at Tito´s BBQ where you'll have a delicious lunch. After lunch, the tour will head to Zama barrio, the final location. You will arrive at the Zama river and take the road into the rainforest. Here, your guide will talk about the history of the different farms that used to grow coffee in this area. Afterwards, you will hike through the forest and head up the mountain for about 20 minutes to visit the Zama aqueduct Petroglyph Mural. This mural holds over thirty petroglyphs that were carved as far back as 800 AD. Here your guide, who has a master’s degree in archaeology, will talk about the indigenous people of the island, their religious belief, art and culture, and how and why they carved these petroglyphs on these walls.
At around 2:30pm, the ride back the San Juan will commence, which we´ll take about 1 hour and 45 minutes. You should arrive at your hotel or residence no later than 4:30pm.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Pickup time is 8am at your hotel. After getting situated in your private vehicle, you will head west for about 30 minutes towards Manatí, where the central mountain town of Ciales is located. Once in Ciales, the road turns into a rural mountain road that winds through the central mountain region and into the Toro Negro Rainforest area. It will be about a 45 minute drive towards Jayuya and this road passes through the Tres Picachos National Forest, and Las Delicias Waterfall, were you´ll have the opportunity to bathe in the pure waters of this beautiful and magical mountain spring. Here, your guide will talk to you about the fauna and flora of this area and the explain the reasons why Puerto Rico can be considered a powerhouse in fresh water, with more than 4500 different springs, rivers and other fresh water bodies. You will spend about 30 minutes in the waterfall before continuing to Jayuya.
Departure Time :8:45 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infant seats available
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Dress code is casual. It is recommended to wear appropriate hiking attire/shoes.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.