Private Wine Tour with Wine Tasting and Full Lunch
This is a day trip to the Utiel-Requena wine region of about 7-8 hours. Your guide is a sommelier specialised in Valencian wines, who will tell you about the history of wine in Valencia region, about the grape varieties, and a lot more!
We’ll first go to the picturesque village of Requena, where we’ll visit some 9th century caves that were used for storing cereals, meat and wine, the beautiful old clay pots are still there. Here we’ll do a short guided tour, and a first wine tasting (2-3 wines), before continuing to Utiel.
Our next stop is an authentic 19th century winery, where we'll do a guided tour, starting in the vineyards, and following the wine making process from "grape to bottle". We see the vineyards, production area, and barrel rooms. After that we'll taste some (4-5) of their best wines.
For lunch we'll go to a nearby village, a complete local lunch with more wine…
This tour can be made wheelchair accessible, or done by groups bigger than 8, but only on request.
per adult from
7 hours 30 minutes
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- 2 wine tastings
- Lunch - 3-course lunch
- Driver / tour guide-host
- Hotel/port pickup and drop-off
- Private tour
- Transport by private vehicle / air-conditioned minivan
- Alcoholic Beverages
- Entry/Admission - Murviedro - Bodega Historica
- Entry/Admission - Bodega Vera de Estenas
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Murviedro - Bodega Historica, Pl. de Albornoz, 46340, Requena Spain
These are the old wine caves under the old centro of Requena; dug out under the houses, they still contain the clay pots used for making and storing wine.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Bodega Vera de Estenas, NIII km 266 Apdo. Correos 20, 46300 Utiel Spain
A very authentic, 19th century winery, family run, small production; great place to visit! Someone of the family will show you around and explain how they make their wines. Followed by a wine tasting of 3 wines.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Plaça de la Verge, València, Valencia, Spain
Traveler pickup is offered
The fountain at the Plaza de la Virgen is the best meeting place if you're staying in the centre of Valencia.
Departure Time :9:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 3 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- No dress code
- Not recommended for child aged 12 and under
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- We only do private tours, so you will only be with your own group/family.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.