Private World War II Tour - True History and Facts
During this tour you will get to know facts, legends, opinions and consequences of WWII for Gdansk, Poland, Europe and even whole world. You will visit the most important places connected with Gdansk history druing the war. Your guide will tell you the stories about brave heroes, victims and crime. The purpose of this trip is to make your own opinion on the course of the war and its effects based on new information, a different point of view.
This is a private trip so you'll learn all the facts and discuss topics that interest you
per adult from
2 to 4 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Private World War II tour led by a licensed guide
- Skip-the-line tickets to the Museum of the Second World War
- Skip-the-line tickets to the Post Office Museum (in extended version)
- Information and commentary about the city's past and present
- Pick up from hotels located in Gdansk Old Town (in extended version)
- Entry/Admission - Polish Post Office Museum
- Entry/Admission - Museum of the Second World War (Muzeum II Wojny Swiatowej)
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup from hotels located outside of Gdansk Old Town
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: For those for the freedom of Gdansk, Podwale Staromiejskie, Gdansk 80-001 Poland
This is the place where the end of the World War II in Europe commemorates every year. Monument commemorating Polish who died for freedome of Gdansk in the period from the slaughter of Gdansk in 1308 to the end of World War II
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Polish Post Office Museum, Pl. Obroncow Poczty Polskiej 1/2, Gdansk 80-839 Poland
The Defence of the Polish Post Office in Gdansk was one of the first acts of World War II in Europe, as part of the Invasion of Poland. This is a symbol of the Polish heroic resistance in 1939, at the beginning of World War II.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Museum of the Second World War (Muzeum II Wojny Swiatowej), Wladyslawa Bartoszewskiego 1, Gdansk 80-862 Poland
The huge, brand new Museum of the Second World War in Gdańsk was just opened in Old Town area.
Its permanent exhibition covering almost 5,000 square meters, the Museum of the Second World War in Gdańsk is the largest historical museum in Poland. Located on the bottom level of the building, 14 meters underground, it talks about the tragic experience of the Second World War, its genesis and consequences, its victims and perpetrators, its heroes and the common folk.
Duration: 2 hours
Pass By: Main Town Hall (Ratusz Glownego Miasta), Dluga 46/47, Gdansk 80-831 Poland
Located in Main Town in Gdansk which is great area, especially thanks combination of Medieval old buildings, churches and modern buildings.
Departure Point :Targ Rybny 1, 80-838 Gdańsk, Poland
Traveler pickup is offered
Pick up is possible only from accommodation located in Gdansk Old Town and it's possible only in extended version.
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- 1. Masks are required, please bring your own 2. To reduce crowds, the number of visitors is limited
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.