Private Xihuacan Archaeological Tour
During the tour, your tour guide’s attention will be focused only in your group or family.
You will have a local tour guide with a full knowledge and love for the archeology and culture in Mexico.
You will have access to all the areas on the Xihuacan Archeological excavation site.
Lunch will be authentic Mexican, in Mexican environment away from the tourist area.
You will visit the rural community Soledad de Maciel where you will learn the life style and culture in the small villages away from the tourist areas.
During the tour, there will be a COVID-19 prevention plan:
• By using a clean and disinfected vehicle, available just for your group , with enough space to provide comfort and hygiene.
• Having an initial conversation at the beginning of the tour , that will talk about the following topics: use of mouth cover, use of hand sanitation, use of gloves, avoid visiting places where there is a large concentration of people to minimize physical contact.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Private transportation
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- All Fees and Taxes
- Entry/Admission - Xihuacan Museum and Archeological Site
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Xihuacan Museum and Archeological Site, La Chole, Ixtapa, Zihuatanejo de Azueta Mexico
Our accredited guide will walk with you through the Xihuacan Museum and he will explain you the artefacts, decorations items, stones and bones that there are in the museum.
At the Ball Court you will be explain the relation between the community, the ball ceremony and the polytheistic religion.
In the pyramid there will be an explanation about the architecture of the pyramid, the building materials that were use and the purpose of building the pyramid in that specific location.
You will be driven next to the Xihuacan Main square in which they government just begin doing the excavation.
After the Xihuacan Ceremonial center you will be taking to the Soledad de Maciel Village only 7 minutes away. In the Village you will visit and take pictures of the first Archaeological Monolith found in the community.
The next visit will be to one of the houses in the village to see and understand about the culture and life style in the rural areas on the Guerrero coast line. The town is now know for the agriculture of Tabaco and tropical fruits, therefor you will have a chance to buy a tobacco cigar and/or replicas of the artefact that there are in the museum made out of clay.
After the visit you will be taking for lunch on the country side at the restaurant for a fresh an authentic Mexican lunch which will consist on one of the following choices:
Chicken on the grill or breaded or chicken fajitas.
Fish on the grill or breaded or on garlic sauce.
Shrimp on garlic sauce or breaded.
All of the dishes come with guacamole & chips, a sope, we also serve you handmade tortillas, beans and salsa. It comes with a beer or soft drink.
After the lunch you will be taking back to your hotel.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
If you are staying at a regular hotel, you will be pick up in the lobby of your hotel, if you are staying at an Airbnb or private condominiums or gate it community you will be pick up at the main entrance just outside your Airbnb.Airports
- Extapa-Zihuatanejo Internacional Airport, Ixtapa, Zihuatanejo de Azueta Mexico
- Playa la Madera, 40894 Zihuatanejo, Guerrero, Mexico
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.