Private YS Falls and Black River Safari from Runaway Bay
Explore the South Coast of Jamaica on this private, full-day tour from Runaway Bay. This scenic sightseeing adventure travels to the famous YS Falls, an attraction highlighted by a cascading, 7-tiered waterfall. There is also an expansive wading pool, exciting canopy rides which careen down the alley high above the falls, and river tube rides — all with spectacular views of the surrounding area. Then hop into a safari boat and float along the Black River. Along the way, watch for crocodiles, eagles, and more wildlife in their natural environment.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by private vehicle
- Professional guide
- Local taxes
What's excluded :
- Entrance fees (Kindly add $37 per person for entrance fees and lunch package)
- Food and drinks (available to purchase)
- Entry/Admission - YS Falls
- Entry/Admission - Black River
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Runaway Bay, Runaway Bay, Saint Ann Parish, Jamaica
This tour takes you through one of the most popular towns on the Island. Runaway Bay is naturally beautiful and is certainly one of the most scenic areas in Jamaica. It sits between the beautiful, crisp coastline to one side and the lush green mountains to the other. There is much debate as to how the town of Runaway Bay got its name. some people believe it got the name because that is where the last batch of Spanish soldiers ran away from when they were retreating from the attacking British Troops lead by Governor Ysassi right after the 1655 British invasion of Jamaica, while other argue that it was the point from which the Slaves from inland plantations used as an escape route to runaway to Cuba. Get your cameras ready to go as you make your way through this area.
Stop At: Columbus Park, Main Street, Discovery Bay Jamaica
The town of Discovery Bay is where you will find Columbus Park. It was originally named Puerto Seco “Dry Harbour” by Christopher Columbus in 1494 when he and his men landed on the Island. It is said that could not find fresh water to drink. They later found fresh water in another area about 5 miles west of the town. The water was so good that they named the location where it was found Rio Bueno (“Good River”). However, the town of Puerto Seco was later renamed in 1947 to Discovery Bay because Discovery Bay is where the Spanish, lead by Christopher Columbus landed when they invaded the Island on May 4, 1494. There is a park with several old relics and artifacts on display. There will be a brief stop to take photos and capture the rich history of this historic town.
Duration: 15 minutes
Pass By: Greenwood Great House, 435 Belgrade Ave, Montego Bay Jamaica
The Greenwood Great House (Plantation home) was constructed in the early 18th Century. Like most, if not all the other Great Houses in Jamaica, the Greenwood Great House was built at high elevation. One could say that this was a strategy used back in the plantation era as a means of overlooking the plantation and also for security purposes. This house, unlike the Rose Hall Great House, is not haunted but of a more peaceful and relaxing atmosphere. The history and the architecture of the house is what will blow you away. As you pass by, feel free to take photos when your tour guide slows down.
Pass By: Rose Hall Great House, Rose Hall, Montego Bay Jamaica
This Rose Hall Great House is an early 18th century plantation home that sits on a high elevation on thousands of acres in Rose Hall, Montego Bay. The Rose Hall Great House was once owned by the famous and certainly one of the wickedest plantation owners to walk the land of Jamaica, Annie Palmer. She owned hundreds of slaves. This house became haunted after her gruesome death in 1831. The house is scary to look at even in the daytime. There is no stop at the Rose all Great House on your way to Negril however, your tour guide will tell you the history and slow down so that you can take photos.
Stop At: YS Falls, Saint Elizabeth Parish,, Jamaica
As you set off from your hotel heading towards the south coast, you might be asking yourself - What is the drive going to be like going to the south coast of Jamaica? Well, it finally hits home as you start making your way up the mountains and through small farming villages where nearly all the locals live off the lands - very hardworking, humble, friendly villagers who you will wave at you as you go by. Don't forget to take your cameras! You will need them for your vacation photos, since you will be traveling through the hills and valleys - making your way through farming areas and little old towns that were developed during the plantation era mostly by the British. The ride to the south coast is approx.. 1hr 30mins. Ask your tour guide about the myriad of local fruits and peppered shrimp when you get in the town of Middle Quarters, otherwise known as "shrimp Country".
After an entertaining ride and an amazing local experience, you arrive at YS Falls, get checked in and board the tractor jitney that will take you on a 10 minutes ride through the 2,600 acres property and up to the falls. The YS Falls property is home to horses, cattle, massive guango and mango trees. You will be in awe as you make your way through the lush, green vegetation with crystal clear water streaming through the forest. At the YS Falls you can soak yourself in the 100% natural pools and cascades, swing on Tarzan Ropes, swim, etc. It is the perfect choice for a romantic getaway or if you wish to break away from the hustle and bustle of the busy resort property. Please take advantage of the Zipline Canopy or Tubing while you are there (Zipline & tubing comes at an additional cost). Total time at the YS Falls will be approx.. 1hr 30mins after which time you will head down to Black River for a stop at the Riverside Dock where you will have local lunch buffet. Lunch includes steamed vegetables, rice & beans, fried chicken/stewed beef.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Black River Jamaica
What a memorable day it has been so far! Now you are at the Riverside Dock where you will have lunch. After lunch, you will meet with your Safari Tour Guide who is very knowledgeable & well prepared - eager to take you on a wild journey up the Black River. There you will get all the information on the Black River and its wildlife, including endemic bird species, crabs, rare or endemic plants such as water lilies and others - North American crocodiles and Tarpans also occupy their space in the Black River. Get your cameras ready as your Safari Captain call the crocodiles, feed them chicken meat and pet them - no, your tour guide is not crazy but they have an excellent relationship with their friends from the Safari and are ready to share their experience and expertise with you! You might even see local fishers snorkeling the river collecting their crab traps or spear fishing right there among the crocodiles and other wildlife - and no, they're not crazy! It's just a way of life!
After an amazing experience at YS Falls and Black River Safari it will be time to head back to your hotel/pickup point.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We pick up from most Runaway Bay Hotels. All customers are required to contact us at the contact information provided at least 24 hours prior to the time of pickup to reconfirm your booking and to arrange a central pickup point.
Departure Time :7:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A maximum of four people per booking
- Children must be accompanied by a paying adult
- Please bring USD $37 per person for entrance fee and lunch
- Minimum drinking age is 18 years old
- Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or anyone using a wheelchair
- The duration of transfers are approximate. The exact duration will depend on the time of day and traffic conditions
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Infant seats available
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Limited amount of infant seats available
- Limited amount of wheelchair vehicles available
- Please be ready and waiting in your hotel lobby/pickup point at least 10 minutes before the scheduled pickup time
- Gratuity is not included and is left to individual discretion
- Dress code: Casual. Please wear comfortable clothing
- Things to take: Cash, Camera, Towels, Water Shoes
- Please present either a printed or electronic voucher at pickup just for verification
- Due to the nature of this tour and the safety of all guests, the customer can be prevented from participating in the activities if they are found to be intoxicated or show signs of intoxication. If, as a result, your tour is canceled, you will not be entitled to a refund
- If you will not be arriving at your destination within the specified reconfirmation period, please reconfirm with the local service provider prior to travel, or upon arrival at your destination
- Please note that departure times and locations may vary slightly
- There is a possibility that the pickup time might be changed base on the local traffic or inclement weather conditions
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.