Your guide/and driver will pick you up at your hotel in Santiago and drive -for not more than 20 min.- toward the entrance of the Provincia mount. This giant challenge the most daring adventurers to reach it 9,000ft summit, which offers a unique view of the Andes range and Santiago city. Your experienced guide will accompany you in your walking pace and put all his/shis knowledge into practice to leave you enchanted by the natural wonders and their ecosystemic diversity as you ascend by a well-demarcated trail.
per adult from
What's included :
- Bottled water
- Parking Fees
- trekking poles
- First aid kit
- Entry/Admission - Cerro Provincia
What's excluded :
- Accident insurence
- Emplaced at the front line of the Andes overlooking the valley of Santiago, Provincia is one of the most popular summits between mountaineers.
Part of the mountain ridge of Sierra de Ramón, with a vertical drop of 1,700m (5,577ft), its summit is usually covered by snow in winter and spring.
This rock-giant challenges those who wish to experience the typical high mountain experience. Adding to the effects of the altitude, the hike up takes about 5 hours, so the climb is very exhausting and requires a high degree of physical ability. However, all efforts will be rewarded by the wonderful excursion: passing through an imposing sclerophyllous forest given by perennial vegetation representative of Mediterranean climate (peumos, boldos and quillayes among others species), with panoramic views of the city of Santiago to the west, we will reach up to where there is no more vegetation. Different shades of rocky material are shown, condors usually overfly the sector and the impressive Andes appear from behind.
We recommend to climb Provincia from April to November, specially in spring when summit is still covered by -not to much- snow. A wide range of upland birds usually delight us during this ascent.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
At your hotel in Santiago
Departure Time :1:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a strong physical fitness level
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.