Prusia Park and Irazu Volcano
• DURATION: 5 HOURS
• PLACE OF VISIT: PARQUE PRUSIA Y VOLCAN IRAZU
• INCUYE: GUIDE, TRANSPORTATION, LUNCH AND TICKETS
• AVAILABLE FOR ALL PUBLIC
per adult from
What's included :
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
What's excluded :
- PRUSIA PARK
• SENDERS, BIRDS, SMELL PINE AND CYPRESS, FUNGI ... AND MUCH MORE CLOSE TO THE CITY
• 50 THOUSAND VISITORS HAVE VISITED PRUSIA IN THE FIRST MONTHS OF THIS YEAR
If you want to get out of the bustle of the city, you can go this weekend to a forest of cypresses, pines, eucalyptus, oaks and even sequoias, green meadows, picturesque dairy farms, very cool weather and an impressive green and, best of all, close of our capital.
If you are a lover of walking and pure air, you should visit Prussia, a sector of the Irazú Volcano National Park, located north of the province of Cartago, 6 kilometers northeast of Tierra Blanca.
Prussia is located southwest of the craters and is mostly covered by exotic forests. It measures 697 hectares. It has 16 kilometers of trails open to the public and some restricted areas dedicated to research.
In Prussia, for example, there is a plantation of the tallest trees in the world, called sequoias, which are native to the United States, specifically California.
The sequoias of Cartago now have about 40 meters high and the interesting thing is that they are all the same age because they were sown at the same time.
If you are a bird lover, in Prussia you will find what you are looking for: more than 46 species have been inventoried, such as the woodpecker, the hummingbird of Irazú, the tangara de monte cejiblanca and even quetzales.
The Irazú volcano is an active stratovolcano located in Costa Rica, in the Central Volcanic Cordillera, in the interior of the national park that bears his name, about 32 km north of the city of Cartago. Its summit, at an altitude of 3,432 meters above sea level, is located in the district of Santa Rosa, in the Canton of Oreamuno, Province of Cartago.
The summit of the volcano has several craters, one of which contains a green lake of variable depth. It is the highest active volcano in Costa Rica. It is easy to visit from San José, through a direct path to the craters of the summit and a daily bus service to the summit. It is a popular tourist spot.
From its summit and during a clear day, it is possible to see both coasts, the Caribbean Sea and the Pacific. However, clear days at the summit are very rare, since most of the time it remains covered with clouds.
On the way to this volcano, it is common to observe the great agricultural and livestock activity that occurs in this area, which capture the attention of tourists on the sides of the road
Departure Point :SAN JOSE, ALAJUELA, HEREDIA AND GAM
Departure Time :
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.