Pubs and Pirates - Historical London Walk
Our tour explores a part of London steeped in history but rarely visited by tourists. Evidence of the past is all around. Part of this walk is about the development of trade - but we also focus on a darker side of London life. A London where pirates and crooks abound and where the law showed no mercy to those caught in the act.
There should also be time on this tour to visit one (or more) of the historic pubs such as The Town of Ramsgate and The Prospect of Whitby in Wapping or The Grapes in Limehouse.
per adult from
3 hours 30 minutes
What's included :
- Professional guide
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: St. Katharine Docks, 50 St. Katharines Way St Katherine's & Wapping, London E1W 1LA England
See the docks as they were in the early 19th Century and how they have been transformed in recent years.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Wapping High Street, Wapping High St, St Katharine's & Wapping, London, UK
Once the bustling heart of Wapping. We will have a look at the remaining pubs in the High Street and explore their history.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Execution Dock House 80 Wapping High Street Wapping, London E1W 2NE England
For many a pirate, the end of the road. We tell the story of the fight to stamp out piracy and to control crime on both the high seas and the river.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: West India Docks, Lawn House Close, London E14 4AE England
The former West India Docks have been transformed and our now the site of numerous lively and vibrant cafes, restaurants and bars. However, the signs of past commerce and trade are everywhere
Duration: 20 minutes
Departure Point :Tower Millennium Pier, London EC3N 4DT, UK
Departure Time :11:00 AM
Return Detail :West India Quay, Canary Wharf, London E14 5EL, UK
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.