Puerto Plata: 6-Hours Damajagua Waterfalls and Local Food Discovery Tour
Welcome to paradise! Take a stimulating trek through lush rainforest to discover the best of the 27 waterfalls at Damajagua. Hike, slide, swim and jump your way around this watery assault course, with a local guide leading you to all the best spots. Once you’ve worked up an appetite, we’ll take you to not one but TWO of our favourite local foodie haunts to sample the very best of authentic Dominican cuisine. At Urban Adventures, we’re all about offering you the Best. Day. Ever., and we think we may have surpassed ourselves with this awe-inspiring tour!
per adult from
What's included :
- Local English-speaking guide
- Intercity transportation
- Safety equipment
- 1 bottled water
- A Dominican-style lunch
- 1 beer
- Bottled water
- Alcoholic Beverages
What's excluded :
- Locker fee
- Additional food or drink
- Items of a personal nature
- Tips / gratuities for your guide
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Puerto Plata, Puerto Plata, Puerto Plata Province, Dominican Republic
Once we have all assembled, we’ll hop on public transport and take a 30-minute ride to the waterfalls entrance. Here we’ll stop briefly to introduce you to this astonishing sustainable tourism project.
A moderate 30-minute uphill hike through the beautiful jungle landscape will lead us to the 12th waterfall, which is where the real fun begins! From here, we’ll head back down river as you jump, slide and swim your way through a series of spectacular waterfalls, canyons and azure pools, emerging with a silly grin on your face and incredible memories to cherish.
Delicious food will be waiting for you after our swim at a local’s favourite street food stall in a secret rural location, where you’ll try some delicious Dominican pork dishes'
Our food journey does not end here though! Next up, we’ll head over to a small town known for its mixture of local restaurants that specialize in authentic Dominican cuisine accompanied by a local beer to wash it down.
Departure Point :Avenida General Gregorio Luperón, Puerto Plata 57000, Dominican Republic
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- We recommend that you bring comfortable clothes, closed-toe shoes, a bathing suit and a towel and sunscreen. A camera, extra money for tips, souvenirs and photos, and an extra set of dry clothes would also be useful.
- Travellers under 10 years of age are not permitted to join this tour.
- We can accommodate vegetarians and other dietary restrictions. Please notify us at the time of the booking if you have any dietary requests.
- For your Urban Adventure you will be in a small group of a maximum of 12 people.
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- All tours follow the latest local health authority advice, including mask usage and social distancing. Urban Adventures has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which recognises companies that have adopted health and hygiene global standardised protocols.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.