Puerto Plata Best Kept Secrets from Amber Cove
Enjoy an action-packed five-hour tour and discover, historic sites and epic views, a rum tasting at the island's best rum factory, and our beautiful country's traditional Dominican food delights. If you're not doing anything else on your trip but chilling and enjoying the Caribbean atmosphere, you can still go home safe in the knowledge that if you join us for this memorable day out, you've explored the best of what Puerto Plata has to offer!
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Bottled water
What's excluded :
- Alcoholic Beverages
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Puerto Plata, Puerto Plata, Puerto Plata Province, Dominican Republic
At the loving Puerto Plata City we're going to visit one of the island's finest and most significant rum bodegas. Before sampling five of our favorite flavors, you will know about its intriguing background and the method of making rum.
From here we will move across the Atlantic Ocean to the amazing La Puntilla to experience spectacular ocean view. We will know about the island's colonial past at the San Felipe Fortress and take a brief stroll around the harbor, having views from the floor over the Isabel the Torres mountain.
After that, we'll proceed on to Puerto Plata's historic district, where you'll know about the city's history and architecture and explore the mysteries of Dominican laidback living.
Next is a trip to a cigar factory where you will find out about one of our most valuable export, the cigar. Learn how the specialists are planting, harvesting and selecting the best leaves to make and roll the finest Dominican cigars. Try one alongside the ever-popular Dominican domestic beverage, Mamajuana, produced of spices, honey, rum and red wine (if you prefer).
Have a pleasant time at Malecon area where you can enjoy the beach and have a refreshing frozen local beer.
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :Carretera Navarrete Puerto plata, Carr. Navarrete Puerto plata, 57000, Dominican Republic
Departure Time :10:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 25 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.