Punta Arenas & Bulnes Fort Sightseeing Tour
Punta Arenas, with approximately 100,000 inhabitants, is the capital of Magallanes and the Antarctic region, being the most important city in Patagonia. Its streets, airport and seaports are full of activity, of which the main ones are coal mines, wool production, fishing and a service centre for transport ships.
The city not only has a lot of activity and history within its streets, but it has impressive landscapes, such as the incredible panoramic views of the Strait of Magellan that extend to the mythical Island of Tierra del Fuego. Book your place with us!
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
What's excluded :
- Other expenses not specified on this itinerary
- Other meals not mentioned
In the morning we will begin our tour visiting the Plaza de Armas, where the monument to Hernando de Magallanes and also the sculpture of an indigenous Patagonian.
We can find beautiful buildings such as the Cathedral Church, the Governorate, the Sara Braun Palace and the residence of Jose Braun Menendez, where we will learn more about life in the early 19th and 20th centuries. We will arrive at the Regional Cemetery.
We will arrive at Mirador Cerro de la Cruz, where we can enjoy an incredible panoramic view of the colourful rooftops of the city of Punta Arenas, the Strait of Magellan, Dawson Island and the mythical Island of Tierra del Fuego.
In the afternoon we will head towards Fort Bulnes, bordering the Strait of Magellan. We will make a stop before the geographical milestone that represents the centre of Continental, Insular and Antarctic Chile. We will continue through the Puerto del Hambre sector.
From here we will enter between bisque de lenga and coihue to Punta Santa Ana, where Fort Bulnes is located. Currently, the Fort is rebuilt, so we can walk through the various buildings such as the chapel, the jail, the cannon courtyard, the stables and dining rooms.
• Fuerte Bulnes, V-621, Punta Arenas Chile
• Monumento a Hernando de Magallanes, Plaza de Armas, Punta Arenas Chile
• Museo Salesiano / Magiorinno Borgatello, Avenida Presidente Manuel Bulnes 3016, Punta Arenas 6212680 Chile
• Centro Cultural Braun-Menendez, Hernando De Magallanes 949, Punta Arenas 6200859 Chile
• Mirador Cerro De La Cruz, Punta Arenas Chile
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
The pick up transfer is only from selected centrally located hotels. If your hotel is outside the geographic area, we will confirm you the closest meeting point. Indicate the name and address of your hotel
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- It is the passenger's responsibility to wear a protective mask and maintain distance. In case they don't respect the basic safety measures, they will be asked to leave the tour. The capacity of tour will be temporarily reduced to ensure social distancing.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.