Punta Arenas Small Group Beers & Brewery Tour with a Local Guide
Spend a relaxing afternoon getting to know all about the beer scene in Punta Arenas. Join an expert local guide and start off at one of the oldest breweries in Chile where you’ll see the beer-making process and taste the seven beers they produce. Switching gears, you’ll also visit a local bar to taste a few craft brews while sipping among locals. What could be better than getting to know a new city through its beer?
per adult from
What's included :
- Local English-speaking guide
- Tour of Austral Brewery
- 10 different types of beer tastings
- Car or van transportation from factory to the end point
- Entry/Admission - Cerveceria Austral
- Entry/Admission - Bar Bulnes Punta Arenas
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Plaza Munoz Gamero, Punta Arenas Chile
Your beer tour of Punta Arenas starts at the city’s main square where you will meet your local guide. From here we’ll take a scenic walk through the colonial area of Punta Arenas to Austral Brewery, the oldest brewery in Punta Arenas and one of the most popular in Chile.
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Cerveceria Austral, Patagona 508, Punta Arenas Chile
Once at the brewery, we will take a tour of the facilities and learn all about the beer-making process, from the selection of malted barley to bottling, as well as the history behind the barley to bottle process. After this dose of beer-making facts and history, it will be time for the best part: tasting! At the showroom, we will have the honor of tasting all the beers that the factory produces (7 types) and choose our favorite.
Duration: 2 hours 30 minutes
Stop At: Bar Bulnes Punta Arenas, Avenida Presidente Manuel Bulnes - Magallanes 0408, Punta Arenas, Magallanes y la Antártica Chilena, Chile
Our second beer stop is an authentic local bar where you’ll have the chance to sip among locals, learning more about the people of Punta Arenas and how they like to socialize. At the bar you will have the chance to enjoy 3 types of local craft beer and taste the differences between the industrial beer we tired earlier and artisanal beer, both made with the purest water on the planet.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Plaza Armas Punta Arenas, Plaza Benjamín Muñoz Gamero, Punta Arenas, Magallanes y la Antártica Chilena, Chile
Departure Time :3:30 PM
Return Detail :Bar Bulnes Punta Arenas, Avenida Presidente Manuel Bulnes - Magallanes 0408, Punta Arenas, Magallanes y la Antártica Chilena, Chile
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Most travelers can participate
- You will be in a small group of a maximum of 12 people.
- In Patagonia you can experience four seasons in one day, so we recommend you wear hiking shoes and multiple layers of clothing, including a rain and windproof layer. Please don't forget your sunscreen, sunglasses and sun hat. Local tip: If it is raining, don't bother to bring an umbrella, as the wind usually breaks them. We recommend a waterproof jacket with hood instead.
- In Chile, we have a National Emergency Office (ONEMI). In the unlikely event of an emergency situation, natural disaster or natural event, they can order park, road, and maritime crossing closures. Therefore, in cases of emergencies in the region of Magellan and the Chilean Antarctic, we are governed by what ONEMI says. We will notify you of any tour cancellations with as much notice as we can.
- No children allowed: Travellers under 18 years of age are not permitted to join this tour.
- We can accommodate vegetarians and other dietary restrictions. Please notify us in advance if you have any dietary requests.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- All tours follow the latest local health authority advice, including mask usage and social distancing. Urban Adventures has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which recognises companies that have adopted health and hygiene global standardised protocols.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.