Punta Arenas Small Group Sightseeing and food Tour with a Local Guide
Get a flavourful introduction to windswept Punta Arenas on an action-packed half-day tour. Discover the city’s highlights, channel Ernest Shackleton’s unbreakable spirit as you heroically climb a small hill (a stunning view across the city awaits) and taste the best Patagonian dishes in town. Go ahead and get acquainted with one of the world’s most southerly cities with a local by your side, because every great explorer needs a little help occasionally!
per adult from
What's included :
- Local English-speaking guide
- Two food tastings
- One banana milk
- One calafate sour cocktail or alternative drink
- Public transport tickets
- Cemetery entrance fee
- Entry/Admission - Kiosco Roca Punta Arenas
- Entry/Admission - Cemetery of Punta Arenas
What's excluded :
- Additional food and drinks
- Souvenirs and personal shopping
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Plaza Benjamín Muñoz Gamero, Punta Arenas, Magallanes y la Antártica Chilena, Chile
Your tour begins in the historical centre of Punta Arenas, the place where it all began. Next to the monument to hernando de magallanes.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Kiosco Roca Punta Arenas, Pdte. Julio A.Roca 875, Punta Arenas, Magallanes y la Antártica Chilena, Chile
Choriqueso and banana milk is the breakfast of choice for local Patagonians and you’ll see why as we taste them both at one of our favourite local spots, Kiosko Roca
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Monumento A Tripulantes Galeta Ancud, Av. Costanera del Estrecho de Magallanes y & Av. Cristobal Colon, Punta Arenas Chile
Hear the story of Punta Arenas from your local guide at the monument to the crew of the Schooner of Ancud, the first pioneers of Punta Arenas in 1843.
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Cemetery of Punta Arenas, Pedro Sarmiento de Gamboa 29, Punta Arenas, Magallanes y la Antártica Chilena, Chile
Our walk continues to one of the most beautiful cemeteries in the world. We’ll introduce you to some of the residents and give you plenty of time to explore this peaceful hidden gem.
Duration: 40 minutes
Stop At: Almte. Manuel Señoret 1012, Punta Arenas, Magallanes y la Antártica Chilena, Chile
Along the way we´ll stop to visit the viewpoint on La Cruz Hill, where we’ll enjoy fabulous views across the colourful city of Punta Arenas with the Strait of Magellan as a backdrop.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Municipal Craft Center - Punta Arenas, 21 de Mayo 1463, Punta Arenas, Magallanes y la Antártica Chilena, Chile
This time we’re hitting up the seafood market where quality handicrafts and mouth-watering street food go hand in hand. We’ll take you to a special spot where you will try the best king crab empanada and calafate sour cocktail of your life!
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Plaza Armas Punta Arenas, Plaza Benjamín Muñoz Gamero, Punta Arenas, Magallanes y la Antártica Chilena, Chile
Departure Time :10:00 AM
Return Detail :Pescadería El Caleuche, Av. José Martínez de Aldunate 1490, Punta Arenas, Magallanes y la Antártica Chilena, Chile
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Most travelers can participate
- Dress standard: In Patagonia you can experience four seasons in one day, so we recommend you wear hiking shoes and multiple layers of clothing, including a rain and windproof layer. Please don't forget your sunscreen, sunglasses and sun hat. Local tip: If it is raining, don't bother to bring an umbrella, as the wind usually breaks them. We recommend a waterproof jacket with hood instead.
- Your Trip: For your Urban Adventure you will be in a small group of a maximum of 12 people.
- Additional Information: In Chile we have a National Emergency Office (ONEMI). In the unlikely event of an emergency situation, natural disaster or natural event, they can order park, road and maritime crossing closures. Therefore, in cases of emergencies in the region of Magellan and the Chilean Antarctic, we are governed by what ONEMI says. We will notify you of any tour cancellations with as much notice as we can.
- Closure of sites: Sometimes for reasons beyond our control, Kiosko Roca (a traditional restaurant) can be closed or crowded. If so, your guide will take you to a similar venue.
- Child Policy: This is a child-friendly tour. Children between the ages of 6 and 11 inclusively are permitted on this tour at the rate listed above. Please select ‘child’ above when booking. Children under the age of 6 are permitted to join this tour free of charge. Please inform us at the time of booking if you’ll be bringing a child under the age of 6. You can do so in the special request box on the checkout page.
- Dietary Notes: We can accommodate vegetarians and other dietary restrictions. Please notify us in advance if you have any dietary requests. You can do so in the ‘Additional information’ box at checkout, or by emailing us at email@example.com
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 2 travelers
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- All tours follow the latest local health authority advice, including mask usage and social distancing. Urban Adventures has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which recognises companies that have adopted health and hygiene global standardised protocols.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.