Pyrenees Mountains & Medieval Towns Small Group Day Trip from Barcelona
Head to the Spanish hills for the day to hike the spectacular Pyrenees mountains on a small group excursion from Barcelona by minivan. You'll visit charming mountain villages, travel in a comfortable air-conditioned minivan. On this small group tour, you'll receive personalized attention from your guide.
per adult from
What's included :
- Professional guide
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Small group tour
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Explore Catalunya, Carrer Palau de la Musica, 1, 08010 Barcelona Spain
8.15am - You will start your day at our main office, which is right next to the famous Palau de la Musica. You will meet your guide, have time to use the restrooms, and perhaps even grab a quick coffee before the tour begin. Your guide will explain all about the day ahead and what to expect as you wait for you tour to leave.
Duration: 15 minutes
Pass By: Eixample, Eixample, Barcelona, Catalonia
8.30am - You will leave Barcelona though the Example district of town. As you head out of the city, your guide will give you a brief history of Barcelona, before letting you sit back and relax on the 60 minute drive to Vic.
Pass By: 08469 Montseny, Barcelona, Spain
9.00am - From Barcelona you will head north, quickly leaving the hustle and bustle of a busy Mediterranean city behind. As we climb up the Pyrenees, you will drive past Montseny, a 30,000 hectare natural park that was designated a world biosphere reserve by UNESCO in 1978 and is still a haven for wild boars, badgers, hares, foxes, red squirrels, eagles, and red partridges among others, living in beech, pine and oak forests.
Stop At: Vic, Vic, Catalonia
9.30am - Your first stop on this small group tour is the old market town of Vic.
You will be guided through this old medieval town, visiting the cathedral - with its mix of styles ranging from Romanesque to neo-classical, the town's magnificent renaissance and baroque buildings, and the ancient Roman Temple, which lies hidden between the buildings of the old quarter.
Afterwards, you will have plenty of free time to grab a coffee or some breakfast in the heart of the town by the beautiful arched square where the market and other major events are still held.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Queralbs, Queralbs, Province of Girona, Catalonia
12.30pm - After Vic, your next stop is the stone-built mountain village of Queralbs; the last point on your route accessible by road.
Leave the minivan, and accompanied by your guide, ride the rack railway up to the Nuria Valley. Home to a lake and bright green pastures ringed by high peaks, this picturebook valley is one of the most beautiful in the Pyrenees. Admire the scenery from the train, and on arrival, enjoy several hours to explore as you wish. Perhaps follow your choice of the hiking trails suitable for different fitness levels, such as the paths up to the Valley Coma de Vaca. Although a good physical fitness is not a prerequisite of this tour, a reasonable level is required if you wish to take the Coma de Vaca trails. Alternatively, take your pick from the local activities (own expense) such as horseriding or boating, or enjoy a meal (own expense) at one of the traditional Catalan restaurants. See the Itinerary for details of the activities available. When the time comes, return to Barcelona where your trip ends at the start point. Please note: Annual track maintenance on the rack railway from Queralbs means that the line is closed between Mondays and Fridays from November 1 to November 30. On these days, the tour will run to an alternative itinerary that involves accessing the mountain valleys by road or hiking at a lower height. These changes will in no way take away from your Pyrenees experience.
Read more about Pyrenees Mountains & Medieval Towns Small Group Day Trip from Barcelona 2020 - https://www.viator.com/tours/Barcelona/Pyrenees-Mountains-Small-Group-Day-Trip-from-Barcelona/d562-3142PYREN?mcid=56757
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Vall de Nuria, Ribes Enllaç, 17534 Queralbs Spain
12.50pm - The Nuria Valley (Vale de Nuria) boasts a beautiful lake and bright green pastures ringed by high peaks. This picturebook valley is one of the most beautiful in the Pyrenees.
Admire the scenery from the train, and on arrival, enjoy several hours to explore as you wish. Perhaps follow your choice of the hiking trails suitable for different fitness levels, such as the paths up to the Valley Coma de Vaca.
Although a good physical fitness is not a prerequisite of this tour, a reasonable level is required if you wish to take the Coma de Vaca trails. Alternatively, take your pick from the local activities (own expense) such as horseriding or boating, or enjoy a meal (own expense) at one of the traditional Catalan restaurants.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Queralbs, Queralbs, Province of Girona, Catalonia
4.00pm - This tiny mountain village has a population of only 200 permanent residents living in a rambling collection of traditionally built stone houses.
Perched on the side of the mountain, this impossibly quaint, picture postcard beautiful hamlet is one of the most memorable parts of the day.
Here, you will also be able to see the Church of Sant Sadurní de Fustanyá, built from stones so perfectly-hewn that legend says it was built by the fairies and witches said to inhabit the surrounding caves.
After an hour or so, we will head back to the bus and begin our journey back to Barcelona.
Duration: 45 minutes
Pass By: Plaza de Cataluna, Placa de Catalunya, 08206 Barcelona Spain
7.00pm - You will arrive back in Barcelona well time for dinner. Your guide will be happy to show you to the nearest metro or how to get a taxi. If you are staying in town, he will give you some restaurant recommendatioins.
Departure Point :Carrer del Palau de la Música, C/ Palau de la Música, 08003 Barcelona, Spain
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :Plaça de Catalunya, 08002 Barcelona, Spain
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for child aged 4 and under
- There will be time off the bus at your leisure, so please bring suitable clothing, footwear, and sun protection. Remember that temperatures at high altitudes will be much lower than in the city, so although it may be warm in Barcelona, please remember that it will be much cooler in the mountains.
- On rare occasions the railway track closes without notice due to routine maintenance. The tour will offer alternative options suitable for all ages and fitness levels. Alternatives will range from going by road up into the beautiful mountain valleys or low level mountain walks, and the views will be just as stunning!
- This tour is in English only.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 16 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- At Explore Catalunya we take the Coronavirus outbreak very seriously. In addition to our safety procedures, we have adapted our tours to avoid periods where there might be large crowds, and we have carefully ensured that any places we visit follow the same high hygiene standards as us.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.