Queimadas & Caldeirao Verde Walk
A true fairy tale in a green paradise that starts in the Queimadas’ house. Until you reach the majestic waterfall, the path is remarkably green. Along the way you have a magnificent view over the village of São Jorge and the great mountains. The water is always present along the walk. You can see the water gushing from the walls, flowing on the levada and falling from the sky on raining days. It’s a fantastic trail and safe all year long.
You will find some tunnels along the way so do not forget your flashlight and protect your head. Arriving at Caldeirão Verde, immerse yourself by the breathtaking view of the huge waterfall falling on the cold and crystalline lagoon. Make a picnic before you go, while enjoying the relaxing sound of water falling
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- All Fees and Taxes
What's excluded :
- Bottled water
This walk begins at the Queimadas Forest Park at 980 meters above sea level, in the municipality of Santana, next to a shelter house with thatched roof, seems taken from a fairy tale. It’s inserted in full Laurissilva Forest, where we can enjoy a wide variety of plant species, to highlight the Stinklaurel, the Laurel, the Lily-of-the-Valley Tree, Common European Elder, between others.
The most visible bird species are the Chaffinch, the Firecrest, the Grey Wagtail, the Buzzard and with luck the Long-toed Wood Pigeon. As we walk along the Levada we find ourselves in a green and pleasant landscape. After passing by 4 natural tunnels, existing along the way, we find the beautiful Caldeirão Verde, an impotent cascade whose water falls in a beautiful lagoon emerald green color. After appreciating its natural landscape, we go round the same track back to Queimadas Forest Park
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offeredPorts
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 30 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.