Querococha Lake and Chavin Ruins and from Huaraz
Enjoy a full-day tour to the millenarian capital of archaeology of Chavin de Huantar.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Local guide
- Hotel pickup (selected hotels only)
- Round-trip shared transfer
What's excluded :
- Excess luggage charges (where applicable)
- Food and drinks
- Hotel drop-off
- Depart at 8:00am from our private bus station for in Huaraz. From here we will start driving south side of Huaraz passing by typical viallages of Recuay, cross the Santa river to the left side, and see the typical villages of Huacapampa.
Continue driving along the highlands full of pastures. Visit Querococha Lake, stop for photos of the beautiful landscape, and continue up to the highest pass of Tunel de Cahuish. Learn about hydrographical division where the west side water flows to the Pacific ocean and east side water flows to the Atlantic Ocean.
Continue your journey by the narrow valley in zig-zag way, and finally arriving at the Archaeological site of Chavin. The ruins are located next to the modern district of Chavin. We will arrive ther at around 1pm and immediately go to a restaurant for Lunch until 2pm. Then we will enter the castle of Chavin on a guided tour which takes place for about two hours. Inside the ruins you will visit many labyrinths, rooms and in one of the main buildings you will see the Lanzon the Chavin, a big carved stone. There are many places and things to visit and observe, such as Plazas, cavezas clavas and the main porch among others.
Visit the modern museum where the rest of the Chavin Culture is stored. After the guided tour is finished, around 4pm, we will depart for a non-stop drive back to Huaraz for about three hours, arriving around 7:00pm direct to the bus station in Huaraz.
Departure Point :Hotel Pick-Up in Huaraz
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Huaraz Dowtown
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Dress code is formal
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.