Quetzal Birdwatching Experience at San Gerardo De Dota Group Tour.
Are you ready to Explore the high lands of Costa Rica?
San Gerardo De Dota is the home and nesting area of the Resplendent Quetzal, which is considered as one of the most beautiful birds of Central America
We will start our adventure early morning cause quetzals they sleep on lowlands and the move into upper lands looking for food early in the morning, you will have the opportunity to enjoy hummingbirds, flycatchers, woodpeckers, haws, wrens, tanagers, and many others ,It is a great place to visit if you’re looking for peaceful hikes and birding thanks to locals that as private owners keep untouched the beauty and forest.
After of some birding and enjoy the quetzals, we will take you to have breakfast, to later to descent to lowers lands to spot others birds, as the day goes by with will provide you water and snacks to gives the energy to continue birding
Don’t miss the opportunity to see and enjoy Resplandazent Quetzal and all the beauty of San Gerardo de Dota as to offer.
per adult from
What's included :
- All pictures and videos taking with our spotting scope would be for free.
- Licence Tour Guide by ICT (Costa Rican Tourism Chamber)
- Our Top of line Swarovski Crystals Scope
- Bottled water
- Lunch - Typical Lunch of Costa Rica Casado (rice,beans,salad,pork,chicken,fish,vegetarian style)
- Snacks - Fruit Snacks and Ice Tea
- Entry/Admission - Parque National Los Quetzales
What's excluded :
- As bird watcher you have to bring your own Binoculars
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Parque National Los Quetzales, Parc, San Gerardo de Dota Costa Rica
Los Quetzales National Park.
Duration: 10 hours
Departure Point :Park Trail, Puntarenas Province, Quepos, Costa Rica
Traveler pickup is offered
We offer transportation in any Hotel, Villa, Ranch, Private house or Airb/b or at the national park entrance Quepos or Manuel Antonio Town.
Departure Time :4:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not wheelchair accessible
- The pick up time for this activity is around 2:30 am of the morning. from Quepos or Manuel Antonio
- Please be responsible visitor, if by any chance you are having any delays on Breakfast, mechanical or any other issues please let us know is not nice for others waiting for you to show up, after 10 minutes of a wait at the agreed pickup place, it would be considered as NO SHOW and refunds are not applicable.
- Remember animals are not held in captivity and the national park is not a Zoo, We promise to do our best to find as many animals as we can, but we can't warranty that you will see certain animals are certain times.
- Please keep in mind that temperatures in the highlands could be quite chilly, please bring coat clothes,
- In case of bad weather tour will be rescheduled or refund
- Not recommended for travelers with knees or hips problems
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.